Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
i typically pop the phone in to ride, and out when i'm done. not much of a photographer ;) that said, the arms on the hondo have a rubber layer, so if i dial them in at the right pressure once, i'm able to set and release the phone without ever adjusting the dial again. i've tried a few other holders, and some were good. this one just impressed me in terms of build quality. extremely solid.

It does look like it’s built well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I went with the Hondo unit.
Seams to do the job well.

The fiitment was a little odd.

I first thought that the angle was to low for practical use, however it works good.
So, that’s my 2 cents.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Based on this thread (and some others I'm sure) I bought into the Quad Lock. Works well and the case works fine for me for day to day use. I like the low profile and how easy it positions to almost the center of the triple clamp. No adjustment to change to portrait position for GPS software is nice too. I just added a mirror mount Quad lock for my dirt bike handlebar (for the horizontal handlebar piece) as well. I don't ride the dirt bike hard, but it probably wouldn't have survived my most recent get off.

·
Registered
259 Posts
IPhone 8 cradle & mount

Based on this thread (and some others I'm sure) I bought into the Quad Lock. Works well and the case works fine for me for day to day use. I like the low profile and how easy it positions to almost the center of the triple clamp. No adjustment to change to portrait position for GPS software is nice too. I just added a mirror mount Quad lock for my dirt bike handlebar (for the horizontal handlebar piece) as well. I don't ride the dirt bike hard, but it probably wouldn't have survived my most recent get off.

I really like mine too. Will be getting a mount for my bicycle as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmm. That basically looks like a RAM mount with no tether.

Just grabs the phone by the sides. Super quick to put the phone in there, and take out. Very solid as well, phone has never slipped an inch. Out of all the ones I tried, it has worked the best by far.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just grabs the phone by the sides. Super quick to put the phone in there, and take out. Very solid as well, phone has never slipped an inch. Out of all the ones I tried, it has worked the best by far.

Super quick unless you are stopping for pictures often and don’t want to take your gloves off. Again. Dammit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
After reading all of these I picked up a SP Connect case set for $23 and made a custom mount. They do make a universal but wanted like this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can also go portrait mode if I want, don’t have to change a thing.

+1 Quadlock is what I use for my iPhone X. Love it. Used it this summer on a 2000 mile ride in NM and CO. Downloaded google maps areas for offline and it worked perfect for navigation. I also use the phone as my camera so I love the instant off/on of the Quadlock.

·
Registered
259 Posts
+1 Quadlock is what I use for my iPhone X. Love it. Used it this summer on a 2000 mile ride in NM and CO. Downloaded google maps areas for offline and it worked perfect for navigation. I also use the phone as my camera so I love the instant off/on of the Quadlock.

Exactly.

In addition to a camera I use my phone for music, Waze, Scenic map app, Strava, Spot and Cobra iRadar all at once.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quadlock is the way to go, especially as they now have the wireless charging head which is IP66 water resistant. Not seen a Hondo unit before, it looks like something out of the Ark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have always been a big fan of SlipGrip phone mounts. They hold the phone very securely and have options to work with or without cases. I wound up 3d printing an adapter to mount to my Evotech GPS mount and the result is a very sturdy and tidy package that puts the phone right where I like it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use a tackform on both my bikes. Love the mount, although there is no way to mount it dead center with the way the bar clamp is designed. It, like the RAM, comes with the rubber cradle, but is not necessary to hold firm.

With my next bike, I will get another Tackform.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts