Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get over for a year or 2 to watch the IOM TT but end up with road blocks due to money and such. However i'm starting to shop around for next summer possibly and instead of hitching and taxis i'm looking into biking.

I looked at renting a motorcycle but its looking to be over 100 euros per day to rent one out of Dublin area, which is way to much $$ for me. Anyone know of more reasonable rentals? Also what are the insurance/reg laws over there? might it be cheaper for me just to buy a cheap bike to ride around on for the 2/3 weeks? Then sell it off or something? I also looking into shipping my Ducati over there but it seemed two-way shipping would add up as well and be a hassle but i have no experience with it.

Anyone have any ideas, experience or advice, chime in please.
cheers!
Jon

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
I've been trying to get over for a year or 2 to watch the IOM TT but end up with road blocks due to money and such. However i'm starting to shop around for next summer possibly and instead of hitching and taxis i'm looking into biking.

I looked at renting a motorcycle but its looking to be over 100 euros per day to rent one out of Dublin area, which is way to much $$ for me. Anyone know of more reasonable rentals? Also what are the insurance/reg laws over there? might it be cheaper for me just to buy a cheap bike to ride around on for the 2/3 weeks? Then sell it off or something? I also looking into shipping my Ducati over there but it seemed two-way shipping would add up as well and be a hassle but i have no experience with it.

Anyone have any ideas, experience or advice, chime in please.
cheers!
Jon
Jon, we did the IOM last year but only had access to public transport - it took a fair bit of planning to get to areas we wanted to view from, but it was possible. Husband said "never again" and that next time we would buy a bike, probably a 900SS model (which would have to be older than 10 years, due to our importing regulations) and bring it back with us - but this is only a pipe dream at this stage. Oh and also, stay in Douglas, we stayed in Ramsey - it was all we could get but it was a nuisance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dublin?

Hey not to be rude to our Irish friends but you will have a better rental choice here on mainland UK as you have to come here anyway to get the ferry over to the IOM
Regards Nick1000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts