Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a link to this website thru a Boating Forum:

Motorcycle USA Headlines | See Dealer Cost

Supposedly shows 'Dealer Invoice prices' for many makes of boats and motorcycles - inc Ducati...

Interestingly, they show a fairly consistent 15% 'mark-up' for Ducati (and Guzzi), but around 50% for some boats.

I have no connection with the website, and no idea how accurate their info is - and I'd take it with a grain or two of salt if buying a new bike. It has caused a sh_tstorm of memos and lawsuits on the boating side, and some manufacturers have threated their dealers to protect 'proprietary information' i.e. invoice prices...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am using this site for pricing my first Ducati 1198. My dealer told me the pricing is correct, and I looked at the specs and they are right to. Dealer here in Tampa was real cool about explaining what they needed to make to pay the bills and give me good service and I agreed. Hopefully I will be picking it up this Friday.
Looking forward to a new group of riders.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I am using this site for pricing my first Ducati 1198. My dealer told me the pricing is correct, and I looked at the specs and they are right to. Dealer here in Tampa was real cool about explaining what they needed to make to pay the bills and give me good service and I agreed. Hopefully I will be picking it up this Friday.
Looking forward to a new group of riders.
I would check with mellilimoto in ocala before younspend your money there(tampa duc dealer). Seb can prob beat the price, but you will have a way better experience now and in the future.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'll second that. Mellilomoto, and Sebastian are the best Ducati dealer I've ever been to.
Highly recommended.
I think Gary is the sales dude.

·
Registered
36 Posts
dealer fees?

General Q related to this topic... what should I expect for "dealer fees" when buying a new Ducati?

I'm looking at the 2011 Hypermotard 796 and I'm clueless on how much room there is for negotiation for a Ducati and specifically that bike. I just want to set my own expectations (and budget) if/when I decide to purchase one.

I've had one dealership tell me that the bike is $10.5k plus tax, title and dealer fees. Huh? MSRP is $9995.

:think:

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great info, I’m about to priced out a v4 this season...

I found a link to this website thru a Boating Forum:

Motorcycle USA Headlines | See Dealer Cost

Supposedly shows 'Dealer Invoice prices' for many makes of boats and motorcycles - inc Ducati...

Interestingly, they show a fairly consistent 15% 'mark-up' for Ducati (and Guzzi), but around 50% for some boats.

I have no connection with the website, and no idea how accurate their info is - and I'd take it with a grain or two of salt if buying a new bike. It has caused a sh_tstorm of memos and lawsuits on the boating side, and some manufacturers have threated their dealers to protect 'proprietary information' i.e. invoice prices...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts