Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Austin, Texas!

I thought I would introduce myself since I have been lurking for a long time and found TONS of solutions to all the issues I have had with my 2002 Gulf Blue 748. I bought this bike in August of 2016. I paid next to nothing for it as it had slid down the road about 50 yards on each side. Cosmetically it was pretty rough. The drive train was also in desperate need of some love. I ended up doing some sort of cafe conversion because it was much cheaper than replacing all the OEM plastic.

So now that the 748 is done I found what I think was a killer deal on this 2006 749. I bought it from the original owner last month. He purchased it new in 2008. I know it sounds weird, but I have all the paperwork from the original purchase. I guess the bike just didnt sell for a couple years after it was delivered to the states from Ducati. Anyway. The PO parked it in a storage unit in 2010 when he moved. Long story short, I got the bike for $1500. It has 5500 miles on the odometer. It has never been down although there is a decent sized scrape right next to the headlight. He said it was from moving some stuff around the bike and accidentally scraped the plastic on the front of the fairring.

The PO also parked it with a full tank of gas and it has been sitting for 7 years! Its pretty gross!

Anyway, This one will be another custom cafe type build. Im not positive where Im going with it, but Im excited to see what direction the project goes. I dont have enough posts to create threads in the classifieds section, but I need a couple things in order to try to start it. I need an entire fuel pump assembly as mine looks like they just pulled it out of the Titanic at the bottom of the ocean... along with the inside of the tank. Does anyone have a wadded up 749/999 that can part with the fuel pump assembly?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice find! Nice job on the 748 too. Gasoline just doesn't age well. We have some 10+ year old jet fuel in a truck at work that I test every few months and am always amazed that it is still good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts