Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just bought an '01 750 SS. Absolutely love it but it has a problem. Basically when I turned off the choke while riding the bike started stalling. The previous owner now tells me he used to ride with the choke 1/4 on. I rather see if I can fix this rather than running so rich since I hear it is bad for the engine. I heard replacing the gas with fresh gas and adding a little carb cleaner would help. Does anybody else agree with this or have any other suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Well I own a 750 SS ie aswell and mine has no trouble idling without the "choke" lever on. So something is off... can't help you much about what is off without more info.

About it running rich with the lever on:
This isn't the case. With carbs it would be, however with injection the lever just turns the idle speed up instead of enriching the mixture.
So it hasn't been run extra rich (atleast not because of the "chocke" (=fast idle) lever.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Right.. All your doing is sitting at lights in a higher RPM with the throttle control..
Sounds like your idle speed screw is set to low. Pretty ez adjustment. Right side of the engine, pop the tank up and slide a screwdriver down. Turn to push the throttle body butterfly down a few threads and your idle goes up a bit.. I like mine a bit higher in the1400 to 1700 range. I think 1250 is the norm give or take 150. Humm.. let me see if I can snap a pick real fast.
My bike was set to 1100. I didn't like the sound at that RPM and sometimes I lagged out a bit when I came to a stop or started off so I went a bit higher and the motor sounded really good and I had no chugs off the line

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks fellas. This did the trick and it was super easy. Really appreciate the help. Left the rpms at around 1300. Now I just gotta look at why there was a small drop of oil this morning and gotta look into fixing the Neutral light. If anyone has any advise for these please share as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
thanks fellas. This did the trick and it was super easy. Really appreciate the help. Left the rpms at around 1300. Now I just gotta look at why there was a small drop of oil this morning and gotta look into fixing the Neutral light. If anyone has any advise for these please share as well.

Thanks
If the light is out it's an ez change... Take the wind screen off and pull the light plug out and change it..If your not sure if it's the bulb use one of the other bulbs in the N socket and go from there..

U can take out the bulb with the screen on but it can be a real bitch as I remember.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't seem to be the bulb. I used one of the bulbs from the other lights that was working but it still didn't turn on. Any other suggestions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts