Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody:
My name is Ernesto and last year I got a 2013 Multistrada GTS. It was a leftover bike and had 4 miles when I got it. Very nice bike and just getting started with doing some minor mods and touring a little.
I'm in northern Massachusetts , close to the New Hampshire border.
2 weeks ago, in the few nice days in between snowstorms, I went for a ride and punched a big hole on my rear tire (original with 3800 miles) and had to replace it. Just mounted the pirelli scorpion trail II and didn't get a chance to ride it yet.
So far I put some barkbusters, an altrider crashbar and an evotech engine guard.
I want to change the front sprocket to a 14t, that I already got online, but not sure if I'll be able to do it by myself (might take it to the dealer). Any recommendations about dealers in the boston area?
I'll stay away from riverside, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Now the question, can somebody tell me what is the thing that I'm showing in the picture? seems like a grease fitting, i loosened it and then reassembled it since I don't know what I was doing, but want to make sure I didn't messed up something.
Any feedback will be welcome!
Thanks, EZ

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ernesto!

First off...that's the clutch slave cylinder. The "grease fitting" is the valve were you can bleed air from the hydraulic system.
By way of dealers...you are pretty close to Seacoast Sport Cycles in Derry, NH, as well as Boston Ducati (Riverside) in Medford, MA.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,370 Posts
If you loosened the bleeder valve and/or slave cylinder, you may have let air into the system. You should bleed the system to be sure that it's ok. It's done just like brakes. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Yorik:
Looked up in youtube how to bleed it and I think I'll flush the fluid since it looks darker than the brake fluid.
It's really helpful to have this forum to learn about the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mlukason for your answer.
I had a VERY BAD experience with riverside, but I heard some good things about Seacost, so I'll check them out.
I'll bleed the air out of the clutch slave this week.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Another vote for Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, NH here for dealers (I am 3.5 hours from them and still go there, they know their stuff and are reasonable)

EDIT: they do have a bike pickup-dropoff service as well for like $50

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,370 Posts
Thanks for the info Yorik:
Looked up in youtube how to bleed it and I think I'll flush the fluid since it looks darker than the brake fluid.
It's really helpful to have this forum to learn about the bike.
Bleeding tip: don't over tighten the bleeder valve. It bottoms out and can't go any more. If you over tighten it you can snap it off. Don't ask me how I know. :(

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Another vote for Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, NH here for dealers (I am 3.5 hours from them and still go there, they know their stuff and are reasonable)

EDIT: they do have a bike pickup-dropoff service as well for like $50
Is it $50 now? I had them take my 2013 MG Stelvio up there and back for warranty service a few times. It was $20 each way.

I highly recommend them also!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is it $50 now? I had them take my 2013 MG Stelvio up there and back for warranty service a few times. It was $20 each way.

I highly recommend them also!
You'd have to call to double check, but I think it is $50 total (maybe it went up $5 each way). They go all the way up into northern Maine, though.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Seacoast told me that they do that service all over New England, and all the way down to NY City !

Now that's Service! Imagine their customer base!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do it nice and gently. Already messed up one of the hex bolts of the passenger peg (rounded it) and now I have to figure it out how to get it out. Already tried torx bit with no luck. I'll try an extractor next.
You live you learn...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts