Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
I am new to this forum, although I have been following different discussions for about 6 months. Today, I have finally realized a dream, closed a buy of a Ducati GT-1000/2009, coloured silver/grey. I have already ordered modifications through the dealer thanks to your sharing of experiences and obscure research done through the years. I have many others modifications I am going to follow through, but there is one area were I haven´t found true verification, and that is a when it comes to upgrading the 2 pads brake calipers brakes to 4.

I want to install a Brembo upgrade together with a new set of Alpina Wheels, coloured silver/black rim/black spokes/silver hub (which is on their way soon). From research on the forums archive, I have found a thread written by PakBikes 13/5-2007 about this combination. PakBikes has described quite thouroughly the details needed to make a successfull combination, but I would like once more to have your guys verification, comments and experiences to this issue?

Basically, I need the following info.; Part number, Caliper Type, Piston Diameter etc...? I am quite happy to have your opinions and experiences concerning this combinations. For example; does the included spacers from Alpina works appropriately? Is it neccessary to take off 4 mm from the pads, or does everything bolt straight on?

What about new master cylinders, any experience with the 19X18?

Please, contribute with your qualified opinions and help me to a happy ride?

Until next time
Peterboy

·
Registered
450 Posts
4 pads

Hi,
Welcome to the forum, I can't help you with information about four pad calipers, but for what it's worth I have fitted 4 piston calipers from a748R to my GT1000 after fitting a front wheel from aST2, Good luck!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have fitted 4p bembos on my bike but with 10 spoke marchesini wheels. I believe they do fit with the alpinas, but not sure if you need the offset mount or not to line up with the rotors.

here are the calipers I got (from motowheels):

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=116%7CDucati%20Brakes&productID=1488&showDetail=1&categoryID=117|Brake%20Calipers&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

as for the master cylinder, I'm still running stock. The diameter of the MC is not big enough to push enough brake fluid into the calipers on the 1st grab to get 100% of braking power, but on that first grab you still get more breaking power than with the stock setup. So ideally you upgrade the MC to a radial one. I was told the one to get with the calipers listed above is the Brembo RCS 20-18 :

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=116%7CDucati%20Brakes&productID=6517&showDetail=1&categoryID=119|Brake%20Master%20Cylinders&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

I hope this helps.
best,
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts