Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have been a lurker on the forum for some time and thought I would introduce myself. I have been a big fan of Bimota since I was a teenager and I have a special affinity for the models following the first near collapse of the company ie DB1 YB4 YB7 YB8. I think Federico Martini deserves a lot of credit for turning around the fortunes of the company and winning a Championship. One of my favorite models from this era is the YB7 with the fzr400 engine designed for the Japanese market. I found one for sale about six weeks ago and after much research and many emails I bought it. Yay! Now I have to wait three months to get it! Doh! (travelling in a couple of weeks from Japan to the Czech Republic and then to Canada, all by ocean.
Here's a pic or three

www.aukce-moto.cz/motocykl-ex603_bimota-yb7.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yb7

Thanks. I hope it is as good as they say. I am usually very particular about the appearance of my motorcycles and buying one without seeing it makes me nervous:eek:

·
Registered
338 Posts
buying one without seeing it makes me nervous:eek:
No kidding, I went to Europe just to see and ride it 5km so I could remind myself it was ok to buy it. Well worth the trip as I had a great time and it was a good adventure.

Andreas

·
Registered
605 Posts
You should find it enjoyable. I have one in my Bimota 'fleet' and have ridden it back to back with its larger but otherwise identical half brother YB8. You will find considerably less power (400 vs 1000) but the smaller chassis is a bit more 'flickable.' The other thing you will notice is the ability to push it to its limits on the street without going into triple digits in the process. (I notice the same thing when pushing my RC30 and one it is smaller half brothers, the NC30 and NC35 I also own, the latter also designed for the Japanese market and like the YB7 a 3/4 scale, 62 hp limited replica of the unrestricted and larger Euro market bikes.)

Have fun. Dav3e

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. I have previously owned a TZR250 and an RZ350 and sometimes a smaller bike can be more fun on the road-you can push the bike to its limits, instead of the bike being far beyond your own! I'm really looking forward to the revable flickable little beastie. By the way, I have spent mucho time salivating over your copious collection of Bimotas. Very nice collection:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts