Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 1098 Superbike. All recalls done. Battery is good. Termi exhaust and ECU. 30000km/18600miles on the bike.

Sometimes when decelerating to a stop and the clutch pulled in the engine will shut off. This occurs intermittently when the engine is at running temperature.

The engine starts up immediately afterwards as if nothing has happened. Other than this occasional issue the bike starts and runs well.

It's a bit of a pain especially when it occurs approaching or slowing down for an intersection.

Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Engine shutting down

Just saw your post ,wondering if you got the issue resolved ,I too have a 1098 that shuts down while coming to stop (or stoped) .after talking to some dealers and owners going to try resetting the throttle position sensor ,it's no longer bike season ,so will have to try in the spring .what dealer do you use for service ,we are about an hour from each other (atlanticmotosport?)

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
Sounds like a good ole fashion tune up may be in order. Adjust the valve clearances, reset the TPS, synch the throttle bodies and you should see a great improvement. It's also a good time to change the spark plugs, air filter, and fuel filter.
Good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just saw your post ,wondering if you got the issue resolved ,I too have a 1098 that shuts down while coming to stop (or stoped) .after talking to some dealers and owners going to try resetting the throttle position sensor ,it's no longer bike season ,so will have to try in the spring .what dealer do you use for service ,we are about an hour from each other (atlanticmotosport?)
The bike is still cutting out occasionally. Usually when the engine temperature is around 80 degrees Celsius.

I'm going to get the valves checked over the winter. Resetting the throttle position sensor makes sense as well.

I'm going to take the bike to Freedom Cycle in Halifax to get the work done. They have a technician who is familiar with Ducati's.
Atlantic Motoplex in Moncton is a long way to trailer the bike to get work done.

I do most of the work on the bike myself but I'm more comfortable getting a tech to do the valve stuff.

You can contact me by private message on this forum of you want to discuss things further.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a good ole fashion tune up may be in order. Adjust the valve clearances, reset the TPS, synch the throttle bodies and you should see a great improvement. It's also a good time to change the spark plugs, air filter, and fuel filter.
Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions. Going to follow your advice and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
1,176 Posts
My 999 stalled five times within 2000km (while coasting, clutch pulled in) and the problem was gone after a TPS reset. Can be done by yourself with a $20 investment; Fiat/Lancia 3 pin diagnostic cable, OBD2 BT dongle and ScanM5X on an Android phone.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
My 2010 1098S did that randomly the entire 20,000+ miles that I owned it. Multiple techs couldn't resolve it. I just (sadly) learned to live with it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 2010 1098S did that randomly the entire 20,000+ miles that I owned it. Multiple techs couldn't resolve it. I just (sadly) learned to live with it.
I'll try doing the maintenance recommended by others replying to this post, but I just might have to live with the engine cut off issue like you did if the bike work does not fix things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts