Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, does any one have one of these on their Monster?tail light

Watta ya think about it? I wanted feed back before I buy one. I have only put intergrated tail lights on my R6, and Kawi.

Jen

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm blocked from ebay here at work, but I'm going to guess that's an $81 unit by Clear Alternatives?

I've been watching that auction for a while and I'm sorely tempted to purchase one myself. It sounds like a deal, and the only other alternative I've found is one by HeavyCycles and that one's about 3x the cost. I've always been a believer in "you get what you pay for", but I think CA has a larger means of income support than HeavyCycles - so that might help explain the cost difference.

If you search the archive section, you'll find DucMike (I think it's DucMike, or DucatiMike, I forget) has the HeavyCycles unit on his bike, and judging from the pictures, you can see hiim get on the brakes from three counties over. The whole idea itself beats the tar out of the stock single bulb in my book.

Anyway, I emailed CA and I don't think their unit has as many LEDs (96-100?) as HeavyCycles' unit (220-230?) but 96 is still a lot more than the 30-LED bulb I have back there now ...

Whoever orders it first, post up! :D

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I have the Heavy Cycles integrated light on my M944.
It is considerably brighter as it uses flashlight LEDs. (and about 3X as many of them). These are hand made in the USA. The CA are made in the far east.
I think if you were concerned about being seen, I would go with the heavy Cycles. (They will light up the rider behind you). If it is just for looks, the CA works just fine. We stock both.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very cool. Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear they are out there. I love the idea of getting the dorky turn signals off.

Jen

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
Yea, I have the HeavyCycles unit on my Monster & yes, it is plenty bright. I stepped up and have been more than happy with my purchase. I feel a hell of a lot safer with this thing on my bike. Super-bright doesn't begin to discribe what this thing is. Other than the price, no one will be dis-satisfied with this purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts