Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Geez. That is a bit weird. It could be an illusion, but the paint panels on the bags looks a wee bit dark. I wonder.

100k guaranteed, I wouldn't say that if my ST was at 99k.

That windscreen, not the Laminar Lip part, is a bit interesting also.

Have a good one.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
There's something wrong there. I don't know what, but that just doesn't sound right. :think:

·
Temporary greeter
23,089 Posts
Seems odd that the seller is in the USA and is advertising on an Australian ebay site.

That right there would steer me away.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
3k miles?
It says 37,526 miles on the ad the link takes me to.
Good to know they were 'All Adult Miles' too. Very reassuring.

I imagine that the seat was swapped over by whoever it was that traded it in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
"Few valve adjustments necessary".....seriously? Unless i'm an anomaly, there is a little adjustment needed every 6K.

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Just wait until you get to 100k. Then the interval spread way out.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
What happened to the center stand. Whats with the blocks under the side stand.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ohlins front forks?? Surprising how often I read that in ST4s adds and man that windscreen is one crazy SOB part.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Is this the "ringer" MarkST pointed out to us last year? :confused:
Wasn't there a recent thread about someone's ST engine which had been rebuilt by a dealer in Minnesota, but subsequently developed problems. I cannot find that thread. Coincidence?????

·
Registered
777 Posts
As an experienced Ebayer ,I'll throw in my 2 cents.Been buying and selling high priced items on Ebay for over a decade and never been burnt.I dont know the bike or seller so there is no endorsement here.
The seller has 1361 100% feedback,that's a big plus.

100k guaranteed, I wouldn't say that if my ST was at 99k.
Doesn't say "guaranteed" says "good for 100,000 miles".More of a selling phrase,not a fact.Not an outrageous claim as this motor should last this long if well maintained.

There's something wrong there. I don't know what, but that just doesn't sound right. :think:
Price is accurate,good feedback,do you have any facts to base this on?

Seems odd that the seller is in the USA and is advertising on an Australian ebay site.
That right there would steer me away.
That's not unusual,basically he's advertising worldwide.Increases his market, buyer absorbs shipping costs.Low investment by seller to reach many more potential buyers

"Few valve adjustments necessary".....seriously? Unless i'm an anomaly, there is a little adjustment needed every 6K.
Another selling phrase,not inaccurate as compared to older Desmo models.

What happened to the center stand. Whats with the blocks under the side stand.
Center stand is there,I quite often put a block under the side stand when on a slightly slanted grade,also makes for a better picture in ad for bike to be upright

Ohlins front forks?? Surprising how often I read that in ST4s adds and man that windscreen is one crazy SOB part.
Yup,a common mistake.Should be corrected.Why do all the other S models get full on Ohlins ,except for the ST's?

Wasn't there a recent thread about someone's ST engine which had been rebuilt by a dealer in Minnesota, but subsequently developed problems. I cannot find that thread. Coincidence?????
Would be worth investigating if someone is interested.Gotta love the internet,that kind of info wouldn't have existed 10-15 years ago,
Michael

·
Registered
777 Posts
I dont know the bike or seller so there is no endorsement here.
^ well, since you say it is ok....
Just pointing out inaccurate quotes,and answering questions,which all that info is in the ad.I have been asked many questions by potential buyers on items I had listed with very detailed info in the ad which answered almost all their questions.Just a sign of our times ,that we're over stimulated with data and quite often,myself included, don't thoroughly read and disseminate info.This seller may be a good,honest,business and we shouldn't bash them or prevent someone from buying and joining the ST club,by what might be a good value.I dont know this,I'm sure an intelligent buyer will figure this out for themselves.",....Just the facts Mam,just the facts"
Michael

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Might I direct you to the recent, fishy PS1000 thread about SLC motorsports? The dude said it was in like new condition, but the Ohlins were missing. LoL. He refused to fess up and sold it offline. That's gonna be on PISSed owner.

For the forks, the story goes that if you add up the 4s amenties compared to the standard 4 MSRP, you were basically getting twice the value in cool parts.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Also of note, that exhaust looks a lot like my Remus,dont know if it is,but if so and has a re-map intake mods may be a plus for some buyers.
Any one local that can give it an inspect?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
---->Dry weight 442.7 pounds. (20 pounds lighter than 2003 ST4s)

I wasn't aware we shed 20# going to the 2004 "s" model

Is that a real statement?

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
I believe a small weight savings has been discussed, but some of it was attributed to the method that Duc started using to be more competitive/similar to the Big4 methods. Completely dry (no liquids at all) compared to just no fuel. Or, something like that.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think most of the weight savings was from a redesigned nose fairing and support. 20 lbs is a lot though.

Does anyone know if the claimed weight for the ST4s includes the panniers? They were standard equipment correct? (whether it be wet/dry/curb/) the panniers and antlers probably weigh a good 15-20 lbs.

I weighed my stock exhaust vs my DP / Termi Carbon fiber exhaust and it was almost 10 lbs difference per side.

Sorry I went off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Does anyone know if the claimed weight for the ST4s includes the panniers? They were standard equipment correct? (whether it be wet/dry/curb/) the panniers and antlers probably weigh a good 15-20 lbs.
As far as I know, they were standard equipment only on bikes sold in North America.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts