Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across this. Emailed seller for more info. Strange. Anyone know about this?

If someone had interest, I could try to get a look at it next week. Actually, going to try anyway...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/3269030439.html

Cheers,

Tom

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wow, that is quite the mother lode. I wouldn't suggest it is any kind of a fire sale at $25K. I'd say that puts the SLs at $8000 each, the FE at $6000 and the Sport at $3000. Not bad for concours shape low milers but it is quite the purchase commitment.

Strange this would show on a CL ad. Not seen it anywhere else.

·
Flying Brit
1,829 Posts
That seems pricey, especially as a set, you'd think there would be some kind of volume discount.
Not for Superlights...they demand a premium always

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
I haven't researched this but my gut reaction is that a Superlight is no better than an SS/SP. Am I wrong about that? If so, how?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Posting has been deleted by the author.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I haven't researched this but my gut reaction is that a Superlight is no better than an SS/SP. Am I wrong about that? If so, how?
Functionally that is the case but they look good enough, have enough unique bits (Marvics, vented clutch cover, carbon, mono posto seat and high mounts) and were made in low enough volume (300 NA spec Yellow) to make them logical collectible candidates, more so than any other '90s SS. If these two SLs are original low milers, they are worth north of $7500.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been in contact with the seller. We are going to meet next week...

Tom

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts