Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would post this up here out of common courtesy, but I know in reality the majority of Ducati owners around here don't ride them much or go on group rides. Anyway, this will be midweek preferred, but could change to a Saturday. Ducatimike came back from the STMadness event in Oregon and reported the Oroville/Quincy highway is like a super long Wentworth Springs Rd., a little tighter perhaps but smooth and beautiful.

I've always wanted to do that ride so this is the formal announcement to do so. So you Ducati posers our there get ready to dust off your bikes and remember one down and five up.

I'll let you know when and where but figure all day. We will likely meet in Roseville at Taylor and I/80, head up 65 to 70 to Yuba City and over to Oroville and hgwy 162 in town. I'm starting to get excited about this since I've heard so much about it. I would guess JBCaddy will pick up on this and join us as we motor through his town of Oroville.

Post up if your interested. I'll be posting this on another website where the members there ride all the time. Great group of guys/gals.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm up for it! Let me know when and where. What website has riders that actually ride?
www.kneeriders.com. Several of them joined up with the DOGs for the Wentworth Springs ride I posted, 8 beautiful Ducs. The guy who started Kneeriders is a Ducati enthusiast to the max. Has the Desmosedici, 996R, 1098S, 996, 851 and some other bikes. Two guys in the group ride every chance they get, that would be John P and Dave (Naked Rider). Dave is a BMW fanatic, he has the new cf 1300 something, beautiful bike. He will be going on the Oroville/Quincy ride with us, he emailed me earlier today to confirm. I knew he would say yes, great guy too.

Thanks for responding and we will have a blast. Can you go on a weekday?

·
Administrator
12,787 Posts
I probably can't do a mid week but if you do something on a weekend I love that road!

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Have a beer in Beldon for me, used to have an annual bike weekend there.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
John, I'm up for a Thursday, Friday or Sunday ride. if folks from the Sacto area want to stay off the flatlands, there are ways to get here via hwy 49 and assorted back roads. that will add time, but will be more fun and cooler. look for the roads passing through Dobbins and Bangor. JB

I can look up the road names later if you would like.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since Moto, Bombash and Scott can't do weekdays, how about Saturday, July 11?

JB, whats the alternative route you are talking about?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Add me to the list… July 11 doesn’t work for me. Stupid friend is getting married for the second time.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
back roads

HWY49N-left on Marysville Rd. about 5 1/2 north of North San Juan. gas is available at NSJ.
past Dobbins and Oregon House until "T" where you turn left again, still called Marysville Rd. Rt. on Loma Rica Rd in about 2 1/2 miles. Rt again on Los Verjeles Rd at 1.4 miles. turns into Oro Bangor at the big town of Bangor, but you go straight ahead. At intersection with Miners Ranch Rd in about 6 1/2 miles turn Rt, go till you hit Hwy 162. there is a gas station or the left. Last gas until Quincy. turn right on 162, also known as the Oroville-Quincy Hwy.

from Quincy you can go left or right. left via 89/70 down the Feather River canyon back to Oroville. Rt takes you to either Truckee on 89 or you can take off of 89 at Gold Lake Hwy in about 24 miles (Graeagle area) to get to 49 at Bassetts. turn Rt towards Downieville and home.

another alternate return route is La Porte Rd from the Quincy area back towards the valley. great road, but those of you on superbikes might want a smoother quicker return by then. should be gas in LaPorte, but I haven't been up there recently to know for sure.

Sundays are my only weekend day free

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I'm in.

My wife invited her one year nephew and 3 yr old niece to spend the weekend. I have 4 kids already- but I've never heard so much whining from two little ones in my life.

I need to get out of the house and make this into a two day ride...I'm not going home until Monday...

-M

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Wow,

A little bit of a dilema here. Question for Martin, Jovan and others, what about Sunday for the ride? I prefer Saturdays myself, but I see JB can't do this Saturday, neither can Ducshep.

I think this ride is going to be a good one and the weather is turning up in terms of heat but Monday is when its supposed to get hot again. However, even on that 108 degree day a couple weeks ago it wasn't that bad, as long as you keep moving and not get stuck in city traffic. We do have to go through Oroville and Yuba City, but they are small towns.

I think we will opt for the fast way to and from hgwy 162 instead of all the backroads, maybe next time in the spring or fall we can do that. I've gone up to Chico via the Oroville route numerous times and its a piece of cake, we will make quick stops every 30 minutes for the sport bike riders. Doing that will make the ride easy.

I'm really looking forward to this ride, it will be different and I've heard good things about the road up there. So far the group is looking good, seeing Jovan back out there, its been a while. With Martin, Me and Jovan, we will have about 40% of the old riders group together again for this one.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
I'm in if my knee swelling is down by then, just had the long awaited arthroscopy today and am a little under the influence right now. Sat or Sun should be good either way. Been looking forward to hitting those smooth roads for some time now.

DT

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm in if my knee swelling is down by then, just had the long awaited arthroscopy today and am a little under the influence right now. Sat or Sun should be good either way. Been looking forward to hitting those smooth roads for some time now.

DT
Hey Dan,

We will make it easy for you and the Stockton boys, stops every 30 miles or so. No rush and by doing that no cramps. Do you have a trailer? Maybe you ought to make it extra easy on yourself by trailering up to my house and dropping your bike there. Lincoln is on the way to Yuba City. If you don't have one maybe you should talk to Ducshep and you guys can hook up. It will certainly help you out and Chris too, since you don't have to do much slabbing, especially after having that procedure done. You sure its not to early to ride?

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Hey Dan,

We will make it easy for you and the Stockton boys, stops every 30 miles or so. No rush and by doing that no cramps. Do you have a trailer? Maybe you ought to make it extra easy on yourself by trailering up to my house and dropping your bike there. Lincoln is on the way to Yuba City. If you don't have one maybe you should talk to Ducshep and you guys can hook up. It will certainly help you out and Chris too, since you don't have to do much slabbing, especially after having that procedure done. You sure its not to early to ride?
I think my biggest issue is making stops where I have to put the bikes weight on my leg. As many of you know, despite being an extra tall person, I have unusually short legs, and this means I can only place one foot down when stopped!:D

The estimate is 2 weeks before I can feel somewhat normal and resume more aggressive activity, but I prefer to heal quicker by working out and being smart about it. I won't rush it if i think I'm not ready, so we'll see by the end of the week. I'm already going stir crazy laying around on meds, and I've been home for a solid 4 hours!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts