Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked in the FAQ section and didn't see anything on this.

What parts are interchangeable between the SF1100 and SF848?

I am looking for some simple things like solo cowl, fender eliminator/tail tidy, but many sites just don't have items for the 848 just yet.

·
Bon Vivant
10,965 Posts
Looked in the FAQ section and didn't see anything on this.

What parts are interchangeable between the SF1100 and SF848?

I am looking for some simple things like solo cowl, fender eliminator/tail tidy, but many sites just don't have items for the 848 just yet.
Most of the body parts should be interchangeable but things that have to do with the frame and brakes and wheels will not be interchangeable, some of them may be with the 848 superbike. I'm not sure what brakes are on the 848, I'm sure they are compatible with another Ducati model but I don't know which one.
Forks probably not interchangeable with any other Duc. Swingarm also only on the F848.
Clutch and brake levers probably will not be the same as 1098.

What solo cowl are you after? did you not get the hatch cover with your bike?
Tail tidy should work from a 1098 as well as the rear light if you want to go LED.
Most carbon pieces should work OK except the new style key guard.

We'll know more as more people get their 848's.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the body parts should be interchangeable but things that have to do with the frame and brakes and wheels will not be interchangeable, some of them may be with the 848 superbike. I'm not sure what brakes are on the 848, I'm sure they are compatible with another Ducati model but I don't know which one.
Forks probably not interchangeable with any other Duc. Swingarm also only on the F848.
Clutch and brake levers probably will not be the same as 1098.

What solo cowl are you after? did you not get the hatch cover with your bike?
Tail tidy should work from a 1098 as well as the rear light if you want to go LED.
Most carbon pieces should work OK except the new style key guard.

We'll know more as more people get their 848's.
Holy crap! Does the 848 come with the solo cowl? If so, I am gonna raise major hell at the dealership come Tuesday! :mad:

Can anyone with a 848 chime in???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Holy crap! Does the 848 come with the solo cowl? If so, I am gonna raise major hell at the dealership come Tuesday! :mad:

Nope, only passenger seat for us :-(

I posted the exact same thing as you on ducatifighter.com :D

Fender eliminator on my bike from motowheels

Just picked up my Red SF848 - CA

Axle sliders are same as 848, frame sliders same as SF1098, I'm not too sure about front axle sliders.

Rear sets should be the same. Brake/clutch lever should be the same. I think slip-ons are the same too.

-Ray

·
Registered
68 Posts

They do NOT come with a solo cowl (mine didn't either). The only one I know of that works is the CF one.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Tail Tidy's from big brother will all fit (as well as they do on the SF1098 anyway).

As others have said, no solo cowl included, so I made a trade for a cowl from the SF1098 and it fits perfectly.

Levers interchange without issue, and SiRay6 has the right info on the sliders.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do NOT come with a solo cowl (mine didn't either). The only one I know of that works is the CF one.
Dammit! That carbon is like $300+! :mad:

Nope, only passenger seat for us :-(

I posted the exact same thing as you on ducatifighter.com :D

Fender eliminator on my bike from motowheels

Just picked up my Red SF848 - CA

Axle sliders are same as 848, frame sliders same as SF1098, I'm not too sure about front axle sliders.

Rear sets should be the same. Brake/clutch lever should be the same. I think slip-ons are the same too.

-Ray
Thanks, Ray! I have the Dark Stealth, but your red is killer!

Tail Tidy's from big brother will all fit (as well as they do on the SF1098 anyway).

As others have said, no solo cowl included, so I made a trade for a cowl from the SF1098 and it fits perfectly.

Levers interchange without issue, and SiRay6 has the right info on the sliders.
Sweet!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The SF 1098 engine is interchangeable.....:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts