Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
nice brake reservoir - I am going to be doing that soon. which size is that? and could you post from the drivers point of view? I want to do bar risers, but need to make sure my clearance will be enough. also, are they horizontally or vertically mounted Rizomas?

thx.

if you could, a pic, maybe from the gas tank forward, to show the clearance, and how big they are would be great. thanks dude.
Just back from a ride, wow I love this bike..! And spring is finally here in Denmark :)

I simply could not get used to those Brembo plastic reservoirs dangling in the line of sight, so I got the Rizomas. There would be other ways to install them, but I wanted them as much out of the way as possible, so this is how they ended... I just took theses pics, let me know if you need something else.

Also a screen dump from the Rizoma web site. The upper one = clutch, lower one = brake.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
thanks morten, that helps. it looks like you relocated them a little rearward, is that right?
Yes, down and rearwards. It's not possible just to move them down, because then it's not possible to run the lines from the reservoir to the master cylinders. I've ordered on of the CycleCat top triples from OnCycle and they come with tapped holes for the reservoirs, so I will move them when I get the triple installed - if I can find an even better location that is ;)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
my cycle cat triple just came yesterday. its pretty sweet. the blemish is underneath, towards the front. when installed, you would never see it.

anyway. is that what the holes are for on the triple towards the front of the triple on the bottom side? i havent installed it yet, or really looked at it. because as it sits now, my stock containers are mounted off the master cylinders.

it would be sweet to reroute them to those holes underneath

·
Registered
369 Posts
is that what the holes are for on the triple towards the front of the triple on the bottom side?
Yep, that's what the holes are fore. Here is a pic I found on the net, notice the location of the reservoirs...

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Just finished my LED replacements for the weak bulbs... Much, much stronger flash (I used high intensity LED's) :) Man, during testing I looked directly into the diodes and I still have orange spots floating around in front of me ;)

PS... They cost me around $30 for the pair and the LED's will last forever...
Did you make these Morten?

Any idea where I could buy LED replacements that fit in the DP mirrors? :think:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
morten,

Rizoma makes 2 different styles for each size and color. they are vetical and horizontal.

which ones do you have?

that gold billet bike paints a good picture. i am wondering if those cups are going to get in the way of my other stuff...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
LEDs with wedge connectors

Just finished my LED replacements for the weak bulbs... Much, much stronger flash (I used high intensity LED's) :) Man, during testing I looked directly into the diodes and I still have orange spots floating around in front of me ;)

PS... They cost me around $30 for the pair and the LED's will last forever...
MORTEN - what type of LEDs did you get name? company?

After talking with some different companies one of the guys there helped me find this website, which does not do business with them.

http://www.leddomelight.com/

These are LED board dome lights for inside your car. Well why would I want that in my motorcycle mirrors? They are very bright and more importantly, they are PLUG and PLAY. They have a wedge connector, so no wiring would be required. I take out the bulb and plug this in, simple.

I'm still thinking it over....but...just wanted to share.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did you make these Morten?

Any idea where I could buy LED replacements that fit in the DP mirrors? :think:
Yes, I made these myself. I have not been able to find replacements anywhere, so that's why I made these...

Since I made them I have changed them, so the 6 LED's are now in one single line (makes them more visible). However, I had to cut out the bulb socket to get room for the ''six in a row'' installation, so now the small circuit board is soldered directly to the wires, and the circuit board is attached with a little silicone. Works fine :)

@ITACUD750: The LED's are: EVERLIGHT, type 383-2UY0C/S400-A7. I have 6 of these in series and a 100 ohm resistor to limit the current. I can draw a small diagram, if you need one?

These diodes are the brightest orange LED's I could find. Not quite cheap (around $2 each here), but they are, very very bright, but they also have a very, very small ''angle'' for the light. They are almost like a laser beam, so it's important to point them in the right direction.

·
Registered
369 Posts
morten,

Rizoma makes 2 different styles for each size and color. they are vetical and horizontal.

which ones do you have?

that gold billet bike paints a good picture. i am wondering if those cups are going to get in the way of my other stuff...
Here is another picture, I guess that makes mine the horisontal ones?

I don't think that the cups will be in the way when installed like on the gold-bike. I will check it out, when I get my triple clamp (it will be send together with the new fuel tank)...

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Only if you threw them away ;)
Thankfully no, I'm a bit of a pack rat so I find uses for everything. I put them on night before last and they really helped the look. If I had thought about it I would have filled them while I was doing all the body work. Oh well this works

whats that then?
Those are stock and they come with the factory upper fairing.

41 - 60 of 112 Posts