Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So instead of waiting for clear alternatives to make theirs for our bikes, I contacted the folks at M.D. Wright. I have my light back, and they did a pretty good job with it. Only one small issue with it right now. With the unit wired up correctly, the desired blinker lights up solidly, and the opposite side blinks. This is Ducati's fault. They are working on a solution that may be fixed soon. The issue is that the switching for the blinkers is on the negative side of the circuit. I left my good camera at work, so no pics yet.

Page linky

·
The Road Beckons...
2,298 Posts
Cool

Interested to see what it looks like. Hope they figure the bugs out and it works perfect. Get that camera and post the pics.

Eagerly waiting
-Alex (From FL not CA)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has a solution in mind, but it just needs to be confirmed. Then he'll come down here and fix it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is this something he is willing to do for other folks?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. As soon as my unit is fully functional.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
how is that ducati's fault? :think:

the turn indicators work as designed from the factory ... and the issue is that the fabricator that did not engineer their solution to use the stock wiring properly. :eek:

Only one small issue with it right now. With the unit wired up correctly, the desired blinker lights up solidly, and the opposite side blinks. This is Ducati's fault.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how is that ducati's fault? :think:

the turn indicators work as designed from the factory ... and the issue is that the fabricator that did not engineer their solution to use the stock wiring properly. :eek:

They chose to design the wiring differently than any other bike. It's also not noted on the wiring diagram, or in the service manual. The fabricator only had the tail light from my bike. How is this his fault? He is currently making a solution. Did you read my posts John? It seems like you're trolling.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
settle down francis ...

my comment asking how this was/is ducati's fault is valid. your dumping blame on ducati is not valid. the wiring works in stock form ... you attempted your upgrade without running continuity test prior to hardwiring. wtf :think:

They chose to design the wiring differently than any other bike. It's also not noted on the wiring diagram, or in the service manual. The fabricator only had the tail light from my bike. How is this his fault? He is currently making a solution. Did you read my posts John? It seems like you're trolling.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John, I am settled. I didn't see you dumping on people who tried led flashers on their bikes with no success. I am not going to argue with you, but in my view Ducati is to blame. This being the case, blame probably isn't the right word to use.

I hope to hear something on the solution soon.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Blame is definitely the wrong word. They wired the bike and it works 100% as designed. The issue is you have no idea how they designed it, that's on your end. At most you can blame Ducati for being different, not for being in any way wrong in this situation.

Were people wiring up LED's bitching about Ducati being at fault?

·
Registered
730 Posts
the lights look good in the video, very cool. are you still using the factory lighting inside the taillight and just remapping the circuits? or did he gut and replace with other led's? what was the cost to have this done? nice work

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, it is the factory lighting inside the unit. He made a custom circuit board to control the led's that were tapped into. The cost was $109.95 + shipping.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm in for this as well.

I tried something similar with some LED controllers but the freakin hyper (ducati) uses a PLC controller for the blinker circuit and I could never get it to work right. For some reason it acted like the connections were reversed but when corrected they would not work at all.

Fuckit. I will just buy the tail light when ever they are ready. Maybe different color pattern or flash rate options?

Thanks for posting this.:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sent off my light on thursday for the fix.

·
Registered
670 Posts
These look very nice, but are they visible enough not to be dangerous?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts