Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking at getting an integrated brake light/turn signal on my 848 evo. saw the dmp one... looks pretty good.
anyone have one on? thoughts? any other suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased the DMP one for my evo from Proitalia, looks awesome in the smoke lens and very bright. Excellent finish, easy install and perfect fitment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does the install require cutting of the stock wires, or does the unit come with the quick connectors on the wire ends? If I were to do this I definitely would not wish to cut the wires.

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i spoke to the motodynamic guys... its made in china.
the DMP tail light - made in taiwan.

anyone know of any integrated tail lights made in the US or Europe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
best integrated tail light on the market
Custom LED 2008-2012 Ducati 848 Integrated LED Tail Light, Taillight

had one on my r1 ordered one for my wifes 848evo. little bit on the higher price side but well worth it. factory connectors plug and play

Check the website for videos and tech. These guys are about safety not so much looks. so brake lights strobes(a few flashes), non smoked lense, bright led!

The only down side on the ducati is the fact that you can't get the strobe controller. you have to install resistors inline with the tail light to get normal stobe mode. its easy install with splice crimps.

·
Registered
338 Posts
quality is good? wheres it made? ... im not a fan of anything made in china... and definitely dont wanna throw it on my brand new ducati.
also... does installing a light like this void any warranties?
This one is made in China, but it doesn't make any difference for me, because the quality is good and the fit is perfect. I don't see any difference in quality between the OEM and this aftermarket, beside the price.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
You're going to have a VERY hard time finding any lights like that or anything that has to do w/ LED's that isn't made in China or Taiwan. Just sayin.

·
Registered
279 Posts
best integrated tail light on the market
Custom LED 2008-2012 Ducati 848 Integrated LED Tail Light, Taillight

had one on my r1 ordered one for my wifes 848evo. little bit on the higher price side but well worth it. factory connectors plug and play

Check the website for videos and tech. These guys are about safety not so much looks. so brake lights strobes(a few flashes), non smoked lense, bright led!

Custom LED Blaster-X VS MotoDynamic - YouTube
Custom LED YZF R6 Blaster-X Tail Light VS. Clear Alternatives - YouTube
Light Comparison Honda 919 Clear Alternatives - YouTube

The only down side on the ducati is the fact that you can't get the strobe controller. you have to install resistors inline with the tail light to get normal stobe mode. its easy install with splice crimps.
damn you! I just ordered the motodynamic one but this looks miles better. now I have to ditch that one and buy this instead. that's what I get for impulse buy. to be honest I've stayed away from the integrated lights until for safety reasons as I just didn't think any of them were nearly as good as a regular tail light and indicators. the motodynamic one seemed pretty decent but this makes it look a bit average... price IS a bit high though especially considering you have to re-use your original housing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
they make 2 versions 130 for complete plug and play or 99 for just the led board ( you get cut your tail light apart and insert it) i would got for plug and play lol)

i got free shipping on product from their Ebay store as well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
not for the 916/996 they don't sadly. :( it's funny as the 848 one is $130 for the complete kit, but the 996 one is $120 just for the circuit board. don't know why they don't offer it already installed in aftermarket housings. I would be much happier paying $130 for a plug and play kit mainly so I don't have to wreck any of my standard parts.

·
11 Posts
Check out this ducted taillight that follows the shape of the ducts in the tail fairing and makes the rear end of the bike look like a fighter jet.

See more info HERE

TST Industries is a Premium Vendor on Ducati.ms

·
11 Posts
This is the showcase video for our 848 / 1098 / 1198 integrated tail light, fender eliminator, undertail closeout, Toce exhaust, and flash controller

You can also see the tail light installation procedure in the video below

1 - 20 of 23 Posts