Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this? I've yet to tear apart the headlight and see how it's all set up, but was wondering if anyone else had.. how possible it would be.. etc:

(Photoshopped of course, but I'm very interested in doing this)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Shouldn't be too difficult to install something in there, I've used these (see link) LED modules for different applications over the last couple of years and durability seems to be good.

Hyper-X High-Power LED Modules and Driver

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Start peaking on the inside of the shell and you'll soon find out it's not as easy as it may sound, there's a circuit board in there and I believe only one light works both sides, I wanted to do that but I gave up and put mine in the vents, much easier to get to and don't have to tear the headlight if a light stops blinking.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah man, yea that was my 2nd option. I think I may go that route instead. Cheers!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Start peaking on the inside of the shell and you'll soon find out it's not as easy as it may sound, there's a circuit board in there and I believe only one light works both sides, I wanted to do that but I gave up and put mine in the vents, much easier to get to and don't have to tear the headlight if a light stops blinking.
That is brilliant. I have been brainstorming what I want to do with my front signals. I have the signal spacer removed now and it looks better, but still not satisfied. I am going to have to consider that now or the barend signals.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Now I'm going to have to do it.…damn you!
By the way, when you stuck some in the vents did you mod your intakes to make up for the restriction?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I dunno if the LED park lights are far apart enough to make it clear which way you're indicating. Probably less that they're close together and more that they're both very close to the centre line and close to the main headlight. It'd be an interesting exercise though

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I had already stretched the intakes to compensate for the headlight air channels that I was going to close.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
I believe he is talking about the vents in the headlight housing, not the intakes.
Yea, those are actually two unrelated comments........I'm planning to look at the signals in the marker lights, but was also curious about sticking shit into the intakes since they seem barely large enough as it is.

Just a poorly executed post........heading for a time-out now:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts