Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Integrated Coil???

709 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  konstantin690 
#1 ·
Wonder if anyone can help me out???
I believe the newer Ducati's are running an integrated coil/spark plug holder? Do they have 3 wires going to the coil? And would any one know what these wires are (Colour code, Ground, positive..)
Any help or pics most welcome.

Cheers Pablo

#5 ·
Howdo Konstantin690!

Thanks for that, managed to have a look at the 2 wiring diagrams back to back and it made a bit more sense, won't be running this type of coil on my bike.

I have a HM quickshifter for a newer style Duke and just looking into the feasibility of it working on the Superlight, need to speak to Gareth at HM to see if the shifter needs that Ov line from the reg/rec??? If so I could feed off from a point within the loom. Just trying to gain as much info.

Cheers Pablo

#6 ·
Hi Pablo, no need to take it all the way to the regulator, the "negative" side of the regulator is sorted to battery negative-ground-chassis, so if the HM Shifter needs it you can just connect to any chassis/engine clean bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.