Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Haha, anyone try to take their rear brake light out yet? I tried, my dealer tried, and a few others tried to remove mine when I had it repainted. We ended up leaving the light in and taping around it. It was unbolted from the part and we were able to tape around it just fine, but we could not get the light out.

Somehow, some way it has to come apart more than is evident just unbolting the light from the tail. If anyone has gotten it apart, I'd be curious to know how.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A short developed in my brake light at 10 miles. Whenever I applied the brakes, a fuse would blow and the bike would shut down. When the replacement light arrived, several hours were spent trying to ease the light from the plastic. In desperation, the plastic was stressed to the point the light came out. To everyone's amazement, no damage was done.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A short developed in my brake light at 10 miles. Whenever I applied the brakes, a fuse would blow and the bike would shut down. When the replacement light arrived, several hours were spent trying to ease the light from the plastic. In desperation, the plastic was stressed to the point the light came out. To everyone's amazement, no damage was done.

Wow, talk about stressing the plastic! At least no damage was done, but that is a ridiculous setup, right? We didn't absolutely NEED to get the light out, so we didn't try that hard, but now we know it's possible. It's incredible the way it's arranged though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It isn't glued. It appears to have been placed between two parts that were then sonic welded together.
I think the light was put in after the part was plastic welded because it would be almost impossible to get in the very back of the tail section to do the welds with the light in there. I figured the light came apart or something, but we couldn't see how to. I guess they just squeeze it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts