Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an integrated brake light/indicator for my 99 900ss. But the turn indicators only came with a positive lead - no ground wire! I thought perhaps the negative lead went through the brake light plug. But that leaves 2 loose ground terminals from the bike. So as you can imagine, the indicators don't work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
897 Posts
It makes sense that the indicators would ground through the same wire as the brake/running light. I would expect 5 wires; ground, brake, running, left & right. Dumb question but are you sure you have the left & right indicator leads attached to the hot wires (many people incorrectly assume black is ground) ? Assuming that the running/brake light works properly, try jumpering power directly to each of the left/right leads.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blitzen, can you please elaborate on "jumperin." The running/brake light work properly.

I've double checked the wiring diagram in the Haynes repair manual. They leads are properly attached.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Blitzen, can you please elaborate on "jumperin." The running/brake light work properly.

I've double checked the wiring diagram in the Haynes repair manual. They leads are properly attached.
Jump´ered
(Electronics) having a jumper{2} connecting two contacts in (a circuit).

Test the left indicator by temporarily connecting a known power source (i.e. the positive terminal off the battery or the hot lead for running light in tail) to the indicator lead, repeat test for right indicator.
Basically take the the harness etc out the equation when testing. If the indicator lights don't come on I would suspect a dud product.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I accidentally did that when I wired the positive lead for the license plate bulb to it. The turn signals work. I got in contact with the company I purchased the bulb from. They are going to help me sort it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts