Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my new Ducati Designs passenger pegs last night and I think they really clean up the looks of the bike. I also installed the DD pegs up front as well as an extended/adjustable brake lever from DesmoTimes last week.

Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
They look nice and are adjustable. I may have to look into these. Did you use the same pegs on the front and back? I did not see passenger pegs on the site.

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
We now have both rider and passenger peg kits for the ST, Multi, and frontkits for several Monsters/Streetfighter/1098/848. Not to mention, headlights...

pg
DD

They look nice and are adjustable. I may have to look into these. Did you use the same pegs on the front and back? I did not see passenger pegs on the site.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Installed my new Ducati Designs passenger pegs last night and I think they really clean up the looks of the bike. I also installed the DD pegs up front as well as an extended/adjustable brake lever from DesmoTimes last week.

Randy
I see you've chosen to install the front pegs in their lowest adjustable position. Be careful in the corners until you get used to them! Lowering the pegs like that reduces your ground clearance when leaned over, especially if your suspension is compressed at the same time!

I crashed last year on my Multi in a fast, dipping, left-hand corner when I ground my lowered foot peg into the road! The lowered position was much more comfortable for me but the reduced clearance caught me by surprise. I was leaned over to the limits I was used to BEFORE I fitted the pegs, not realizing how much clearance I had lost. :eek:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I see you've chosen to install the front pegs in their lowest adjustable position. Be careful in the corners until you get used to them! Lowering the pegs like that reduces your ground clearance when leaned over, especially if your suspension is compressed at the same time!

I crashed last year on my Multi in a fast, dipping, left-hand corner when I ground my lowered foot peg into the road! The lowered position was much more comfortable for me but the reduced clearance caught me by surprise. I was leaned over to the limits I was used to BEFORE I fitted the pegs, not realizing how much clearance I had lost. :eek:
The ones shown in these pictures look like the still retain the OEM pivot point. I could see a crash resulting from installing rigid rearsets (without the pivot), but these look like they would rotate up and back if they began to drag.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
The ones shown in these pictures look like the still retain the OEM pivot point. I could see a crash resulting from installing rigid rearsets (without the pivot), but these look like they would rotate up and back if they began to drag.
These pegs do indeed retain the OEM pivot point, but in my accident, they didn't rotate out of the way quick enough to avoid the accident. :eek:

As I said, they caught me by surprise! I had about 15,000 miles of riding under my belt with the stock pegs when I put these on. I was used to how far the Multi can lean with the stock pegs, but I wasn't used to the new setup when I went hard and fast into a dipping corner. There was no way the peg was going to bend out of the way for me! I got high-sided! :eek:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads-up Turbo. I previously had the 23mm extensions for my pegs and I set them down and back at the angle you suggested. When I got the passenger pegs I asked for and got the 30mm extensions with the thought to try them out in the rider position. When I did I found I did not like the down and back as much but really like them straight down.

When I went to lunch today I looked closely at clearance and from my view point it does not seem to reduce the clearance all that much but I will know better tonight when I can get the bike up on the center stand and eyeball it better. From my perspective however it looked like the pegs and the cans would ground out at about the same time. Course having something on the back of the bike ground out is very different than having something in the center ground out.

I'll take some photos tonight from the back and post tomorrow.

Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts