Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you lucky ones in North America, what is the insurance industry classifying this bike as? standard? sport etc? thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
Classified as a sport bike unfortunately...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
My agent couldn't find a classification, in fact they couldn't even verify the vin.
They have a writer (is that the correct term?) off of my 1098 until they can figure it out.
When I first called and set up the insurance on Thurs geico told me $600 or so a year for the SF (multibike discount) but apparently they increased it and it's around $750 year. Surpisingly more than the brutale.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
State Farm used some kind of measurement...I don't remember if it was Rake or something, but that's how they determined that it was a sportbike...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Insanity

My Insurance company here in the UK said it was

Group. Extreme Psycopathac Hooligan Group.
and that people who purchase,or even think about purchasing this vehicle really need to undergo an extensive treatment of electro shock therapy :eek:

·
Registered
465 Posts
When I first called and set up the insurance on Thurs geico told me $600 or so a year for the SF (multibike discount) but apparently they increased it and it's around $750 year. Surpisingly more than the brutale.

Chris
Yep I was quoted 750 two weeks ago, now 999yr. Ouch!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was quoted approximately $700 a year for an S model from Foremost Ins. They recently reclassified Monsters as Standards and I currently pay $290 a year for a 2009 1100S with $6K in accessory coverage from them ($20K Total). Both are full coverage with $250 comp & $500 collision deductibles.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was quoted approximately $700 a year for an S model from Foremost Ins. They recently reclassified Monsters as Standards and I currently pay $290 a year for a 2009 1100S with $6K in accessory coverage from them ($20K Total). Both are full coverage with $250 comp & $500 collision deductibles.
Those are good rates. For me, one of the downfalls of living in the car/bike theft capital of the world.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts

Strangely enough full coverage on my 910S brutale is only about $450 a year and yet both are nakeds?

Chris

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I managed to get some good news today with regard to insurance for a base Streetfighter. I was pleasantly surprised actually and Progressive came through. I live in Miami, just east of Little Haiti and north of Little Havana where most resident's previous car was a donkey and a cart prior to their arrival here in the USA. For full coverage per year I was quoted 610.00 dollars. 41 years old, no tickets and no accidents. (yet) I am very happy with that quote and will provide a vin just as soon as I get one. I called Geico and was quoted like 2000.00 plus so it pays to shop around.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anybody has the final quote from Geico? How do they classify SF - "performance" or "standard"? I was quoted $1528 for former and $560 for latter, but the lady on the phone could not give me definitive answer w/o VIN, which would give her proper category. Bike name (SF) was not recognized by her computer.
So how Geico classify it for you?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Anybody has the final quote from Geico? How do they classify SF - "performance" or "standard"? I was quoted $1528 for former and $560 for latter, but the lady on the phone could not give me definitive answer w/o VIN, which would give her proper category. Bike name (SF) was not recognized by her computer.
So how Geico classify it for you?
I was quoted $999yr and they specifically said it was a sportbike. That was with no VIN though.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I was paying $570 for my 1098S Tri. with State Farm and $540 for my 06 999R. I hope the SF won't be any higher than that!

Geico is supposed to be cheaper and I think they're the worst, I called them once for a quote, they asked me how much I was paying with the current ins. co., after I told them, their answer was: that's a good price! and hung up on me.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I'm 28 Married with house and multiple cars.
State farm is charging me $663 a year,, or 56 a month (I pay monthly for 6 month renewals).. not too bad for what I have been used to
1000 collision 500 comp (it may be 500 collision 1000 comp) for deductibles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts