Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was wondering where is the best company to get motorcycle insurance from? This is my first time getting a ducati here in the United States and never had a motorcycle here. I was living in Japan for 9 years and all of this is new to me. Also how are the rates? I am 27 years old. thanks any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey everyone I was wondering where is the best company to get motorcycle insurance from? This is my first time getting a ducati here in the United States and never had a motorcycle here. I was living in Japan for 9 years and all of this is new to me. Also how are the rates? I am 27 years old. thanks any info would be greatly appreciated.
ducati has a special deal with Foremost on their bikes which means a Monster is classified as touring bike hence rates are super low.. In perspective, i'm 31yo my first motorcycle in US, own a house, insure our 3 cars with Progressive and the lowest they would do was $1800/year.. I got a quote from foremost for $795/year...Geico was $1400

go to ducatiforemost.com and you can get a quote...

good luck...!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow!!

Well, don't even waste your time if you have an SBK 848!!!! I was quoted $6976.00 for full coverage. and 3k for comprehensive. 28 clean record. (she said it was more the bike with a little age)

go to ducatiforemost.com and you can get a quote...

good luck...!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i am trying to get a 996 or 999. are the older bikes cheaper on insurance? dang that is crazy you pay that much. wow in japan my full coverage on my motorcycle was only a 1000 for the whole year!! well i will check around and look thanks guys!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got Geico when I picked up an 07 aprilia SXV, and my cost was $180/yr with full coverage. I sold that and picked up a 06 749 and my rate went up to $590/yr. While at bikeweek, I saw the Foremost deal with Ducati and called them. I just signed up with them for $460/yr on the 749 for full coverage.
Like others mentioned, your driving record, age, marital status, credit rating, experience, and bike will make a difference in costs.
Bottom line: shop around everywhere for the best price.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was paying $120/mo with geico for a 01' 748 with one ticket, Now with Country (never heard of it til now) paying $38/mo on a 06' 999 with two tickets and 27 years old. Basically I'm saying Geico bent me over and gave it to me real hard!! Oh and both were full coverage. Good luck!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was paying $120/mo with geico for a 01' 748 with one ticket, Now with Country (never heard of it til now) paying $38/mo on a 06' 999 with two tickets and 27 years old. Basically I'm saying Geico bent me over and gave it to me real hard!! Oh and both were full coverage. Good luck!
wow now that is what i am talking about! I just want to get a reasonable price quote for my duc once i get so it allows me to put aside money for upgrades and other maintenance for my duc once i get it. i dont have any tickets so i am good!! country? hmmm i am gonna look them up. thanks again everyone for the information..

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have my house, full coverage on two new cars, and extra life insurance with State Farm. My 2008 1098 is $240/year.

State Farm bases rates on the cc's and not the type of bike. Obviously I get discounts due to the other items I have insured with them.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Keep in mind that the amount of coverage and deductible both greatly influence the cost. 30/60 liability is a lot cheaper than 500/500. Also, UM/UIM is expensive.

What many describe as full coverage is often bare bones and only meets the state's minimum requirements.

A good independent agent can be a nice resource when shopping for coverage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Suprised to hear foremost has a deal with ducati, I started with them for my 749 on my permit @ 1200 a year I'm 20 no kids not married nor do i have a house and this week they dropped it to $800 a year. Sounds like they are the best deal going.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Suprised to hear foremost has a deal with ducati, I started with them for my 749 on my permit @ 1200 a year I'm 20 no kids not married nor do i have a house and this week they dropped it to $800 a year. Sounds like they are the best deal going.
is this price for full coverage? so far it sound like foremost is pretty good so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yepp full coverage, highest liability coverage also. I did some shopping around and no other insurance company could come close. Like some of the other guys said having multiple policies either car or home helps too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just in time for Insurance renewal....
Will def give "Foremost" a call in a day or so. My rates are not bad now at $800 a yr for my 06 999s with Mid scale Full coverage but will not mind saving some more.
Thanks guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts