Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question I know but am I right in assuming that the Kilometer display on my HMS in Malaysia cannot be re-set to Miles? - Owners Manual does not indicate this as an option.

I know its a dumb question but I can do it on my MV Brutale. (In Malaysia)

Planning to ship it back to the (USA) next year, no real issues with the Emissions folks etc..

had lots of fun when I went home to SD USA last month for a week,, picked up my New Vmax.. Awsome bike with mindblowing acceleration and pretty good handling (On Warm Tyres) but no comparison the my HMS Hooligan..

Thanks to all

ABL

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
ciao abl -

yes, you can switch units of measure for the display on your hypermotard.

1. hold up on the mode switch while turning the ignition switch to "on"

2. cycle the display to set "unit" by pushing the mode switch

3. press and hold down on the mode key until it says "ecu"

4. using the mode switch and cycle to "USA"

5. hold down on the mode switch until it says "mem"

6. turn ignition switch off

7. turn ignition key back on, and it should say "USA" on the dash, and display your total mileage in miles

i am pretty certain this is captured/explained in the workshop manual .. but the above is from my memory, and hopefully is accurate :think:

if not, someone else here will advise the correct method.

a presto,
johnc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ciao abl -

yes, you can switch units of measure for the display on your hypermotard.

1. hold up on the mode switch while turning the ignition switch to "on"

2. cycle the display to set "unit" by pushing the mode switch

3. press and hold down on the mode key until it says "ecu"

4. using the mode switch and cycle to "USA"

5. hold down on the mode switch until it says "mem"

6. turn ignition switch off

7. turn ignition key back on, and it should say "USA" on the dash, and display your total mileage in miles

i am pretty certain this is captured/explained in the workshop manual .. but the above is from my memory, and hopefully is accurate :think:

if not, someone else here will advise the correct method.

a presto,
johnc
Many thanks and Yes it worked..

Thanks again my friend

ABL

·
Registered
36 Posts
I replaced the battery today and my gauges came up km's....

I'm having trouble finding the above referenced 'mode' button on the gauges... :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I replaced the battery today and my gauges came up km's....

I'm having trouble finding the above referenced 'mode' button on the gauges... :confused:
The mode switch is on the left hand instrument cluster .. .next to the left handgrip :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread here guys, but I need a hand!

I tried the above method on my 2010 Evo SP, and after turning on the key the dash displays: 0000 PRO

I can cycle between that and: UNIT SET

But holding down either of the mode buttons on the UNIT SET display accomplishes nothing.

For the record, my bike is a USA import to Canada and I'm trying to get the display to read in km/h.

Any help will me much appreciated!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just picked up my 2010 Streetfighter from So-Cal and I too am stumped on how to switch from MPH to KM/H.
he hasn't sent me the manuals yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Theodore

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread here guys, but I need a hand!

I tried the above method on my 2010 Evo SP, and after turning on the key the dash displays: 0000 PRO

I can cycle between that and: UNIT SET

But holding down either of the mode buttons on the UNIT SET display accomplishes nothing.

For the record, my bike is a USA import to Canada and I'm trying to get the display to read in km/h.

Any help will me much appreciated!!
When it reads "unit set" push and hold the turn signal cancel button till it reads "ecu" then use the menu buttons to scroll through the list of countries. When you get the one you want push and hold the turn cancel button again till it reads "mem" turn of ignition, count to ten turn it back on cluster should now read in it's new language kmh/mph etc.

·
Registered
445 Posts
When it reads "unit set" push and hold the turn signal cancel button till it reads "ecu" then use the menu buttons to scroll through the list of countries. When you get the one you want push and hold the turn cancel button again till it reads "mem" turn of ignition, count to ten turn it back on cluster should now read in it's new language kmh/mph etc.
it worked like charm!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts