Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have taken the micro windscreen off your 696/1100, where did you get the plastic instrument panel cover to cover up the wires?

·
Registered
53 Posts

Your dealer should have given it to you when you purchased the bike. It comes supplied with both from the factory.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For those that have taken the micro windscreen off your 696/1100, where did you get the plastic instrument panel cover to cover up the wires?
Yep, as Spencers696 said it definitely should come with the bike. Make sure to get it from your dealer. You also should have gotten two plastic spacers/washers for the seat in case you want to remove the cowl.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, as Spencers696 said it definitely should come with the bike. Make sure to get it from your dealer. You also should have gotten two plastic spacers/washers for the seat in case you want to remove the cowl.
I didn't know about this either, thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thank you for this thread.

When I picked up my bike I didn't take my manual or anything with me and I would not have known to ask for the plastic thing for the front of the instruments OR (especially) the washers!

Thank you again!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just went to my dealer today and picked up the panel cover and the 2 washers. They told me they have a whole bag of them because nobody wants them. Uhh, I wonder if other buyers know, since they don't tell them about it? :confused:

As for the 2 screws for the cover, they told me the mechanic screwed it into the instrument panel, so it should already be on my bike. I haven't had the time to check yet.

Thank you so much for the responses! :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Most likely people don't "want them" because they don't know about it. The dealer needs to just provide it with the bike; you shouldn't have to ask.

Even if you don't want it now you might someday, and when you sell the bike you can give it to the buyer and let them decide.

CHEERS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all, I'm a proud new owner of a white Monster 1100S. Having seen this post before I picked up the bike, I asked my dealer about the panel cover and seat cowl washers. He provided the panel cover but did not know anything about the washers so I have not been given them. If anyone can post any photos of them or describe in detail what they look like, it would be very helpful for me and anyone else picking up a new bike to show the dealer and make sure we get the full package.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts

They are just two plastic trim washers that go under the fastener for the rear cowl if you run without it. Black plastic, beveled, about 20mm across. When delivered mine where taped inside of the instrument cover.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

They are just two plastic trim washers that go under the fastener for the rear cowl if you run without it. Black plastic, beveled, about 20mm across. When delivered mine where taped inside of the instrument cover.

yeah, mine were zip tied to the instrument panel cover. and also the two screws for the cover WERE already screwed into the instrument panel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for that. I checked my panel cover and nothing tied or taped to it. I guess I'll ask my dealer again when I take it in for the first service.

·
Registered
27 Posts
OK...who was the brilliant engineer that didn't use the same size bolt to hold down the instrument cover and the fly screen? I had to go get some new bolts to fit the inserts for the cover. :confused:

anyhoo...I think my 696 looks better w/o the fly screen.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Does the instrument panel cover not screw into the same holes as the fly screen? It looks like the fly screen is held by 4 screws, and the panel cover by 2. When the fly screen comes off, what becomes of the bracket it's screwed into?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does the instrument panel cover not screw into the same holes as the fly screen? It looks like the fly screen is held by 4 screws, and the panel cover by 2. When the fly screen comes off, what becomes of the bracket it's screwed into?
correct. you remove the brackets to make room for the cover and there are two inserts that the bolts that hold the cover on screw into. IIRC they're M4's not the M5's the fly screen ones use.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK...who was the brilliant engineer that didn't use the same size bolt to hold down the instrument cover and the fly screen? I had to go get some new bolts to fit the inserts for the cover. :confused:

anyhoo...I think my 696 looks better w/o the fly screen.
on mine, the two bolts were already in the holes that you'd use for the instrument panel cover. yours weren't in there?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts