Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can barely see the numbers and symbols in my dash. The backlight works ok. Adjusting he brightness works as it should. But it just doesn't help at all. :(

The display is like a digital watch or thermometer with low battery voltage. If you look at it from angle of 130..160 degrees (from side or from above) the symbols show more clearly.

So did the lcd panel blow up or what? Luckily it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealer ordered a new instrument panel for my Hyper. Price is roughly 950 €.:eek: I bet they will get a new one really fast from Italy, or not.
Good thing is that I don't have to pay for it.

I thought that parts and services for my Subaru were expensive but i was wrong.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Glad they are paying for it not you. Did the dealer say exactly what went wrong to cause the problem? Or did it just go bad?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad they are paying for it not you. Did the dealer say exactly what went wrong to cause the problem? Or did it just go bad?
The dealer just mentioned that these things (lcd-panels) just go bad every now and then.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Left my bike to dealer today. They got the new instrument panel last week. Hopefully it'll be fixed and serviced (oil change) tomorrow.

I've been using my phone+Givi navi bag for speedo for three weeks now.
It is bit of a hassle to set it up for every longer ride.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the bike from service. Instrument panel works now. But the trip meter has now more kilometers on than the odo.

I went to fill up the tank straight from the dealer and reseted the trip after filling. Now the odo has 110 km on it and trip has 111 km:confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you reset the trip after getting gas, how could it now have more miles (ok, kms) than the odo?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you reset the trip after getting gas, how could it now have more miles (ok, kms) than the odo?
I really don't know how it's possible. I guess I just have to be happy that it shows something. It's better than old one.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Adjusting he brightness works as it should.
what!? you can adjust brightness on the instrument panel? :think:

is this something only on the 2010 and up hypermotards, or am i missing something on my 2008 hypermotard?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts