Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a full Termignoni Race system for my hypermotard that is coming to the garage soon. Does anything need to be programmed when installing the ECU? Or does anyone have a how-to of the whole process? I have installed exhausts before but never any new ECU/electronics. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
ciao -

you will need to have the TPS (throttle position sensor) reset after you install the new DP race ECU. you can have your local ducati dealership service department do this ... or if you have the VDST software and dongle setup, you can reset the TPS yourself.

if you have already installed the termi full system (i am assuming you are talking about the termi 2-1 full system), then installing the new DP race ECU is very easy in comparison ...

• remove the seat
  • disconnect the battery leads
  • remove the tank center cover
  • remove the right side tank cover front inner piece
  • remove the right side tank cover outer piece
  • open the two ECU "clamps"
  • pull the original ECU out - carefully
  • insert the DP race ECU - carefully
  • refasten the ECU "clamps"
  • reconnect the battery leads
  • reset the TPS using the VDST sw/dongle, connecting to the bike's diagnostic plug
  • replace the right side tank cover outer piece
  • replace the right side tank cover front inner piece
  • replace the tank center cover
  • replace the seat
and, if you have NOT already installed the termi 2-1 full system, and would like full color PDF of the installation instructions (the instruction sheets that come with the termi system as REALLY poor quality photocopies) ... pm me here with your email address, and i will email you the DP installation PDF.

ciao,
johnc

·
Registered
290 Posts
congrats on the new hyper dude, hit me up for a ride sometime. :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
So I just got my newly purchased exhaust back from the polisher. Goes on next week. :D
Better photograph that one before the first ride! It will of course turn blue
the first few inches and oxidize brown the rest of the way-- but I think the
polished finish will still hold up better and look like higher quality stainless
tubing as time goes on. I have gone over my Zard headers with black 400
grit paper from time to time, and it takes all the brown oxide off the stainless
and makes 'em look like new again. FWIW. Might be able to use 600 paper
on those polished tubes and renew the brightness later on.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Better photograph that one before the first ride! It will of course turn blue
the first few inches and oxidize brown the rest of the way-- but I think the
polished finish will still hold up better and look like higher quality stainless
tubing as time goes on. I have gone over my Zard headers with black 400
grit paper from time to time, and it takes all the brown oxide off the stainless
and makes 'em look like new again. FWIW. Might be able to use 600 paper
on those polished tubes and renew the brightness later on.
:D+1 Fade to brown:D
I did some minor cleaning up/ "polishing" prior to my install.I didn't expect it to last very long but in the long run the smooth surface looks better than the fresh from the factory tool marks.It ain't no Harley!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts