Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching but I'm still not sure of some things. I'm guessing the rear should be no problem using the GT axle and cush drive with sprocket. On the front I'm not sure about using the GT brake calipers and about the fact that the ST2 wheel has a speedometer drive.
Thanks!

·
Registered
818 Posts
The rear will just bolt on with no drama. The front wheel requires spacers to fit the stock forks. Fast Frank sells them... check his website. Change your calipers to the 4 piston 4 pad Superbike Brembo's. Good used calipers are about $100 each if you shop carefully and are vastly better than the sliding stock calipers which I dont think will work with the wheel and rotor spacing anyway. Stock brake lines will work fine with the 4P4P calipers. You will be stunned at the incredible improvement in the handling of your bike with the lighter wheels.

Edit... Just noticed you are also changing the forks so some of the above may not be correct.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks StraDuc, I've read that the SB brakes are a nice improvement also. My brothers kz1000 is in the place I work on bikes lol.
When I get that moved I can take things apart on the GT and see what has to happen hopefully.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a spacer to replace the speedo drive and I think I'll get a set of ST2 calipers and hopefully I should be good to go!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to figure out the fork placement in the triple . The GT forks are about 2or3 mm longer. I'm wondering if I should bolt them in the same distance from the bottom to the triple. I marked the location of the gt forks with a sharpie
thanks!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts