Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a dumb question. My bike came with seat in low position. I installed the 2 risers but am unable to get the front of the seat underside to hook into the slots with the extra height of the risers. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,830 Posts
I know this is a dumb question. My bike came with seat in low position. I installed the 2 risers but am unable to get the front of the seat underside to hook into the slots with the extra height of the risers. Am I missing something here?

Thanks
Is this for the 1260 model?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's the 1260, but I believe the seat is the same for 2015-2017 but not 100% sure

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seat riser is 3 pieces: 2 sides and 1 front plastics. Did you install the front piece?
I have a small plastic piece that could be it but looking at the manual it doesn't seem long enough. Any chance someone could take a photo of the underside of their raised seat?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I don't have mine in the raised position, but zr1000a1 is right, the riser kit is three pieces. The front riser is part #8291D831B, and is displayed on page 124 of the 2018 Multistrada S parts catalog, available here:

https://www.ducatiomaha.com/pages/ducati-oem-parts

That diagram should at least help you determine if the piece you are looking at is the riser, or something else.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link, good advice, I should’ve thought of that. Looks like I’m missing the front riser. Thanks all for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts