Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a set of track plastics for my 749 but it is something i street ride with too. Do race plastics fit over the headlight bucket and other "street" bits? Will most brands line up with fairing stays or do you need a race fairing stay? Thanks for the help.......once the money fairy delivers the M1100 funds I can dedicate the bike to be where it belongs :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
They do fit over everything stock on the bike. I had my headlight bucket completely installed behind my race fairings. But later I switched to a race support to get rid of the weight.
If you are using it for street use, you can not use your kickstand with it unless you get creative with a cutting tool. But at that point your race belly pan won't hold the oil as its supposed to.
Other than the belly pan, you won't have any issues with using race plastic over your stock street parts.
The race plastics come non-drilled so you can line it up any way you want with your stock fairing support.
Enjoy it, just buy good plastic. That way it will hold up to some rashing.
Good luck

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have never seen or held a race fairing stay, but it is hard to imagine they are that much lighter than stock. Does the race fairing stay take the place of the headlight and clear all that out of there.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have never seen or held a race fairing stay, but it is hard to imagine they are that much lighter than stock. Does the race fairing stay take the place of the headlight and clear all that out of there.
The whole headlight bucket comes out when you install a race stay, so it is wayyyyy lighter.

What it looks like:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Can you buy those (with fuses/wiring harness) at the dealership?
They may still make them, just need to ask the dealer. They used to make them, I know that. I bought a used stock harness on ebay for $50 and cut if up for race use only. Otherwise you have to take apart the headlight bucket to get the harness out...PITA.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought my race stay and race harness from a local dealership. He had them left over from another project. I no longer have a use for it, so if you're interested shoot me a pm and we'll talk price for both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts