Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of 2nd hand bags and when I tried to install them on my GT1000, the bags seemed not to fit well, as in they curved in too much.

Do I need a luggage bracket?
Do I install them over or under the seat?
Where is the best place to attach the clips that clicks and holds the bag to the bike?

Luka

·
booyakasha!
916 Posts
I have the strap over the seat. The GT and Sport will have similar attachment points even with the seat cowl off. You might have to play around with the straps until it rests evenly. I have no luggage brackets.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Adjust the strap(s) between the bags very close together to get the bags to ride higher and along the seat instead of hanging below the seat. Tie front straps to the passenger peg brackets or gaurds, and for the rear straps I loop them through the frame below the back of the seat. My bags tend to ride forward a little in this configuration and settle with the top strap just in front of the passenger seat, acting as a bum-stop for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had the same problem with my GT1000 and I bought the Ducati pannier frame. Works a treat with soft luggage, and looks great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew I was not doing something simple enough as to adjust the bags. :think:

Thanks Guys. Sadly, the weather is already turning here in Chicago and according to the farmers alm. we should see our first snow the week of Thanksgiving. Booo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts