Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're currently installing our MotoWheels slipper clutches:

Linky

We took one of them appart from how it came from Motowheels, started installing and left the other one intact so we could tell the order of everything when putting the first one back together.

Well...we're confused.

You put the basket in, and put all those bolts in, then you put the hub in, then put the plates in, then there's this spider spring. It has 6 legs. It goes in, then there's this washer that fits down in the hole that goes around the push rod. Then there's the nut that holds all that together...

Then what?

The way it all came from Motowheels, the next thing is this steel curved washer then this thicker standoff....but how are you supposed to keep the washer in place? It drops down and hangs off of the pushrod and there's no way to hold it in place, same with the thicker standoff washer.

I put a bit of grease on the steel washer and placed it against the nut to hold it in place, then put everything together, put the 6 springs in and tightened everything down.

When I pull the clutch, it doesn't pull even, the pressure plate doesn't pull in evenly and I'm sure that's not right!

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hi Jan, I'm not familiar w/ the Moto slipper...BUT, if it's similar to the Yoyodyne I run in my bikes the order would be something like this:

Basket [which is same as stock in position]
hub spacer [special i imagine, supplied by Moto, you re-use the green O-ring from your stock spacer]
small convex washer [concave side facing out, it serves as part "lock washer"]
new hub [two piece, with six ramp bearings inside]
large convex washer [concave face "in"]
spider spring
hub nut

pay special attention to the small ball bearings inside the hub, I generally put a small dab of moly grease on them to keep them from falling out of place if you jostle the hub assembly during install [some guys will install two springs w/ inverted cups to hold it together until you get the hub nut on]

you might note that the hub nut has a shoulder on it to receive the spider spring, and that the large convex washer is approx. the same dia. internally as the input shaft end.

this may or may not help...but I thought I'd give it a shot. If you post a few photos of the parts I may be able to guide you further.

I'm sure if you PM Moto, he can get you squared away.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called moto - and the guys that know what's going on aren't there on saturdays...and the damn thing has 0 instructions that come with it...:(

Based on some of the things you are saying, I think there's a bit of difference in the kits...:(

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
First, remove the OEM standoff (it has an O-ring inside it), and remove the O ring and put it on the shaft. Then install the new standoff, followed by the curved washer so that the washer faces out, THEN the basket, hub, spider-spring, washer, and nut. Then plates and cover.

Make sure the balls stay in place when installing the hub.

Tom

P.S. On page 17 of the parts manual at
http://www.ducati.com/docs_eng/service/parts/2002/catalogues/900SS_Usa-02.zip

the standoff and o-ring are # 31 and # 15

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hrmmm - thanks, but it's already been taken care of...*scratches head*

but thanks for the link!

Now I need to find one for the monster!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts