Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I purchased LED turn signals to replace the front turn signals on my ST2 (98). I wired them in, but no reaction when I engage the turn signal switch. Do I need to replace my turn signal relay, or do I need to purchase load resistors and wire them in? Many thanks!

-thecrocodile

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
I have attached an electrical how to using the resistor option, which is probably the simplest route.

If you go the electronic flasher route you will need to do some rewiring. When you find one online, 2 or 3 pin, there should be instructions as well so you will know what you would have to do.

Attachments

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
If you click on the 2 pin option in this link, then more info you will see how the wiring needs to be.
LED Electronic - Products - Narva
As you/we only have a single dash light, then a diode from each pos feed to each side is needed to power the dash lamp.

In the attached PDF you will see the path to battery negative for the dash light is via the bulb that is not flashing.
You would need to mod the dash light wiring as per the simple solution section at the end of the PDF.

Thinking about it, that is probably the only mod you would need to do and not particularly difficult.
Ignore the bit on the LED dash light unless you wish to do that as well.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts