Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo All

I am about to install a new EVR Organic CTS Slipper Clutch.

Before I am starting to replace the OEM Clutch are there anything I should bear in mind when I remove the old Clutch or when I install the new EVR Slipper?

Please let me know the tricks before the procedure rather than after

All the best.

Ciaooooo

Moller

·
Registered
428 Posts
Make sure you measure your clutch stack in your old and remove the plates one by one and label and stack exactly as they come out. Two magnetic telescoping tools help with pulling the plates out. They are the ones that are used mostly for licking up lost bolts in hard to reach areas.

Also, make sure you have the correct torque specs, red loctite, and a breaker bar. Getting the old basket out is a bitch.

Are you putting rye 48T in or 12T?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Note the exact order of the OEM spacers, washers in relation the big nut - one washer is dished probably. You may have to reuse these depending on what kit you have. Examine the little orings on the clutch rod, you may need to replace them. I had to use the clutch holding tool to break loose the center nut. (And to put the new one on, engine compression was not enough to hold it to torque spec)

I have the 48T EVR, its brilliant.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello All

Thank you all for chime in.

Yes it is a 48T.

It is a complete EVR CTS Organic Slipper Clutch including all hardware like springs, bearing etc.

I do not think I have to use anything from the old OEM Clutch besides the pushrod.

I have all so bought a new Viton O-ring for the spacer.

One of you did mention O-rings for the pushrod or.......?

Are they easy to change and where are they located????

Ciaooooo

Moller

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Once you remove the clutch pushrod, those orings are obvious and they are quite small. When removing the nut, you will the oring on the back of it or on the spacer.

So you have a clutch holding tool?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello RockAZ

I have a complete kit from EVR and the Corse Dynamics Clutch Holding Tool.

Please point out the O-rings on the attached picture. That would really be nice to know which of them that you think I have to pay attention to.

I have also bought the magnets to remove the old Clutch Plates

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
#15 (this might be a thin washer?) but definately #32 are the O-rings I think you have, #26 and #30 (2) are the ones I was talking about that goes on the clutch rod.

Just make sure you have them before pulling it all out, replace the existing ones if there is any slack on these tiny orings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts