Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
so i just received my carbon fibre rear mud guard... needless to say, im very mechanical challenged.
how do i go about installing this?
PLEASE HELP! :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are 3 holes on the swingarm that are plugged by small rubber plugs. Remove all three plugs (obviously they would be located where the holes in your hugger are) and bolt your hugger into them. I used small nylon washers in-between to reduce vibration but it probably isn't necessary. Also I had to grind a small part of mine with a Dremel to make it fit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 3 holes on the swingarm that are plugged by small rubber plugs. Remove all three plugs (obviously they would be located where the holes in your hugger are) and bolt your hugger into them. I used small nylon washers in-between to reduce vibration but it probably isn't necessary. Also I had to grind a small part of mine with a Dremel to make it fit.
thanks man! so yeah, those plugs just pop right out?
and these bastards from ducati couldnt supply with me with bolts? lol. ridiculous!
and what did you grind???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yap they just pop up....use a small screwdriver or similar.

Some of the hugger comes with the 3 fasteners....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea my hugger didn't come with fasteners either. No big deal - the bolt size is actually the same as some of the fairing bolts so I just popped one off and went to a hardware store to buy more. I'm sure you could find the actual size (M5, M8, etc) on this forum but I can't remember and wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

I had to grind a bit of the lip that molds down around the ride height adjuster linkage. Yours might be a different model and / or made more accurately and might not require the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts