Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a termi half system kit (exhaust, ecu, air filters) on my 999. Great sound!!! Haven't really noticed much of a power difference but it does have better throttle response. Going to get it dynoed and tuned tomorrow at Cyclemax in Brampton, Ontario after installing a pciii.

Has anyone had a problem with leaking coolant from the hose/radiator connection? Every now and again, I find a small puddle of coolant under the rad (not much) and only when the bike is cold and I am idling to warm it up. No leak after it has warmed up. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

I will post my dyno plot before and after pcii tune.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fly999 said:
Has anyone had a problem with leaking coolant from the hose/radiator connection? Every now and again, I find a small puddle of coolant under the rad (not much) and only when the bike is cold and I am idling to warm it up. No leak after it has warmed up. Any suggestions?
Seems to be a common problem. Mine did it as well. It was ocasionally dripping while warming up from the left side on top. Where a rubber coolant hose attaches to the radiator. The tube on the radiator where the hose goes has a 90 deg angle and the hose clamp was installed by the factory on the turn and was eating into the rubber. After cutting off the damaged end of the hose and installing the clamp on the straingh part of the tube problem was solved.
My dealer (Jason @ Revoluzione) fixed it in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that solved it. Now for more info on the termi and pciii tuning.

Below is a dyno graph from my trip to the dyno with a 2004 999:

Red line: Bike with Ducati Termi half-system

Blue line: Same bike after pciii install and custom map.

Basically a 3 hp gain. But excellent throttle response.

Fly999

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't seem to upload the file. Anyone interested in the dyno plot, please pm me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fly999 said:
Can't seem to upload the file. Anyone interested in the dyno plot, please pm me.
Actually, I'm more curious where you got it and how much you paid.

*Dan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I bought the termi and pciii from Thunder City Ducati in Regina (306)352-8697. Great prices.

I installed the pipes and pciii myself and then had it tuned and dynoed at Cyclemax in Toronto (905)791-9677. Check their website out at www.cyclemax.ca

The owner/mechanic is Jeff and he is highly recommended and charges about $100 for the dyno time and map. I can email you the maps (before and after).

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fly999 said:
Hi,

I bought the termi and pciii from Thunder City Ducati in Regina (306)352-8697. Great prices.

I installed the pipes and pciii myself and then had it tuned and dynoed at Cyclemax in Toronto (905)791-9677. Check their website out at www.cyclemax.ca

The owner/mechanic is Jeff and he is highly recommended and charges about $100 for the dyno time and map. I can email you the maps (before and after).
Other then the sound was the upgrade worth it. I mean would the pciii given you the throttle response regardless of the exhaust? I put on a 50mm half system on my 998 and I feel a lost a bit of torque. I just ordered a pciii to hopefully recover some.

Does Thunder city have a web store and is cyclemax next to brampton cycle?

·
comrade moderator
26,859 Posts
Could you please send me those dyno charts at:

Chuckracer AT cox DOT net

Thanks! I can post them if you'd like.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

To answer JAC:
Yes cyclemax is next to Brampton Cycle and no Thunder City doesn't have a webstore. The parts manager is Brian, tell him that the guy that bought their first 999 recommended them and told you that they have great prices.
I do think that the halfsystem made a bit of difference, the engine just seems more reponsive. I installed the half system and rode it for a couple of days before hooking up the PCiii and having it tuned, and I did notice a difference. I don't think I lost any torque (see the dyno that I'm sending chuckracer to post), and the sound is incredible!!!

Chuckracer: I'll send you the dyno plot when I get to work on Monday. Thanks a bunch.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
$100 for a dyno custom map is reasonable, is that the brother deal or everyday deal?

·
Registered
70 Posts
$100 is dirt cheap. $200 to $300 is a much more common figure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$99.99 + tax is what he charges. It was the first time I took the bike to him therefore no brother deal at all. I too was expecting $200-$300 but I didn't argue :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Fly999 do you have a chart with the torque and A/F ratio? Great quality products with great service = happy customer! BTW sweet set-up.
Sadly my little Dark is not worth putting a termi system on it in my opinion. So, I will take that money and put it to track.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fly999 said:
Hi,

To answer JAC:
Yes cyclemax is next to Brampton Cycle and no Thunder City doesn't have a webstore. The parts manager is Brian, tell him that the guy that bought their first 999 recommended them and told you that they have great prices.
I do think that the halfsystem made a bit of difference, the engine just seems more reponsive. I installed the half system and rode it for a couple of days before hooking up the PCiii and having it tuned, and I did notice a difference. I don't think I lost any torque (see the dyno that I'm sending chuckracer to post), and the sound is incredible!!!

Thanks for the lead. I be watching for you on the street.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts