Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed some Woodcraft axle sliders this weekend and some rear sliders/bobbins for my bike stand. The rear ones were plug and play and work really well with my Pitbull stand. On the front axle the threaded axle nut side fit perfectly however the other side doesn't seem like it will fit as it is too large. Part numbers correspond to the Hypermotard series but measurements do not. Has anyone installed these in the front axle and do I need to pull out the "sleeve" in the front fork pinch clamps to install this?

Pics below.

Now this doesn't look like it'll fit.

Does this sleeve have to be removed?

Thank you

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dave have a look on desmoworld.com website as they have range of front axle sliders, they are the ones that in use on my own bikes plus I've fitted them on friends bikes without any problems.

Geoff..>:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
To me it seems like they sent you the wrong part. The diameter of that piece should slide right inside of the axle like you're attempting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes so to update : I called woodcraft and they responded right away. I sent them the pics and they did say that sometimes the axle to slider diameters differ by a few mm. Part # was correct for the bike. Some people just sand them down to fit or turn them on a lathe etc.. They're going to get back to me on a solution soon. So far good customer service. I really like the design of these sliders so i want to get them to work on the bike.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would be surprised if Woodcraft didnt just send you the correct slider. I can't imagine they expect you to modify their product. All my dealings with them over the years have been positive.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Woodcraft has excellent customer service, they will make it right. Im surprised they even mentioned other customers having to modify their products

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nothing against Woodcraft (ive used there products before as well), but for my money Evotech All the Way :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're looking up the issue. It seems that there are different axle tube diameters on these bikes. I'm going to send them the axle nut so that they can match the correct size slider. Good customer service for sure. On a side not my frame sliders came in :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Safety wire the rear wheel nut retaining clip. Mark all the major nuts because they sometimes shake loose. For example, my shifter dropped off the bike mid corner one day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts