Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just another note to express the massive change in handling that a reduction in wheel weight creates. I was able to ride my Sport for the first time this weekend with the 999 wheels installed and it was great! As others have said, the turn in and 'lightness' of the bike has increased by leaps and bounds. The added grip from good tires is also a huge plus.

In total, my weight savings was 6.5lbs per end including tires (heavy Michelin 2ct), brake rotors (stock 999) and sprocket (SuperSprox).

Also for reference, I milled 1.5mm from the stock brake caliper carrier at the front and installed a 32F caliper out back. No issues with the stock rear brake line. It could stand to be shortened an inch, but should work fine as is.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, yes - I still have the stock front springs and forks. While better than before with the lighter whees, they still need some tweaking to suit me.

I'll try to get some photos soon.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
As soon as I rode with the lighter wheels, I noticed front suspension was different, (and mine is adjustable) but I had to pull back a click on rebound. I have heard that they make the stock forks feel better but until my first ride I could not imagine that they would.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts