Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got the exhaust ive been eyeing. I picked up a DP ECU the other week and as soon as i had that i pulled the trigger on a full ZARD system.

Ive always been pretty fond of the ZARD penta style and im glad i went with it.

I have to say though after working on many other bikes over the years the HM is a total pain in the ass in comparison. Seems like things were over engineered in many areas.

As far as the ZARD install it went OK, things went pretty smooth over all. Only just one spot where i had to give it a bit more muscle then i would have liked to get it to line up, but once everything was in place and lined up the rest came together quite well.

They sound great.

So ill get the TPS reset tomorrow and spend some time sunday putting the bike through its paces.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
That looks really good. Does the system come with the plate/signal remount kit or is that something custom?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tips out, TPS reset and loving it.

:D

I picked up the box containing all that i took off and OMG the stock system weighs a ton. If i calculated it right it looks like I lost about 16lbs off the bike.

·
Premium Member
12,400 Posts
I just put the DP version of the same with Termis slipons. Had been running the slipons since new.

Installation was a "bit" of a pita, but finnally got it, will be going to get adjustments done tomorrow.

Love the look of the Zards was planning on going that route but the dealer had the DP set in stock and made me a Deal.

I lost about 7 pounds with just the pipes.
The kit came with an ECU sos now I have a spare.

How about posting some pics of the underneath? Looks like there is a panel that protects the battery from getting the dreaded stones between the battery and gas tank!

My reflectors "fell off" the forks with a gentle pry with a rag wrapped screwdriver.. Stickers can be removed with a little tugging too ,not the ones with the ##'s on tho,,

More power Huh !! Enjoy nice choice!

·
Premium Member
12,400 Posts
Yea that's the stuff, very clean ,The black panel which bolts to the underside of the carbon side panels ,What is that made of?

·
Premium Member
12,400 Posts
Got bike back from the dealer after having the adjustment done ,seemed a lumpy idle ,Stalled like 4 times , once at idle ,at 50 km while pulling in clutch . at a stop sign, ran very well tho ,
Back to dealer ,they said the Memory didn't take...trailered it home last night , Idle seems smooth as glass will try today .
Didn't have much time yesterday as Wifey needed some relief ,Because one of our dogs had 7 litle Airedale Terriers ,The work /fun begins

Just got back from a tester with a new rear tire and proper adjustments, Runs great sounds even better,
The mechanic who worked on it first seen me and by the look on his face ,was ready for a reeming ,I said Hry man you were close , don't worry bout it ,and smiled ,no big deal do whats got to be done and make it right ,,No Charge ,Sorry about the hassel, Alls good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts