Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

This morningI installed a set of Dr Desmo 1" lowering peg brackets and 1" risers for the handlebars. Man what a HUGE difference. I didn't have to extend any hoses or anything. It was simply a remove and replace process.

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
I have the Heli Bars on mine. I actually have them as low as they can go...my gorilla arms keep me nearly upright if the bars are kept at the top position.:rolleyes:

I haven't lowered the foot pegs though. I think that may be next...my legs get cramped a bit on long rides (I'm 6' tall).

·
I yam what I yam
989 Posts
It really is amazing how much difference an inch makes with the pegs! Much more comfortable. I have LT's peg lowering kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just got in from a short ride and it's amazing how such a small change can make a HUGE difference. I gotta be honest I was really wondering if the Duc and me were going to work out because of the fit but I'm really glad I spent the $$$ to try this set up.

·
Registered
395 Posts
interesting - I've been thinking of raising my pegs a bit so I can lock my knees on the tank better when I'm really throwing the bike into a corner.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Probably has a lot to do with your size, what you're used to and how you ride. I'm only 5'-7" but I like having the pegs lowered - but I do many longer rides and I don't push the bike that hard most of the time.

BTW - a heads-up - make sure your rear brake light switch works right after you adjust your brake lever to suit the lowered pegs. I had to machine a bolt with a larger head once I lowered the brake lever, because the stock bolt no longer would contact the brake light switch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I thought I may post up a few pics of the changes. I know the quality isn't the greatest. I still have yet to adjust the shift lever or brake lever. I plan on tackling that this week.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Installed DR footpeg lowers and risers...what a difference!!!

Hi Lee! I recently installed a set of desmotimes lowering brackets that are almost identical to yours. I have already adjusted my shifter peg and brake pedal with no problems except that my side stand now interferes with foot while shifter gears! Have you experienced any and if so, how did you fix it?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yep, the stock side stands don't have an up-travel adjustment. There have been various solutions mentioned on the forum - I took a small piece of brass (mostly because that's what I grabbed first), cut and filed it to size and crazy glued it to the sidestand to reduce the travel. It's lasted a year, which is more than I was expecting , so I haven't done anything more permanent.
It looks like the Cycle Cat and Desmo Times sidestands both have retraction stop adjustments.

·
7,733 Posts
Hey everyone,

This morningI installed a set of Dr Desmo 1" lowering peg brackets and 1" risers for the handlebars. Man what a HUGE difference. I didn't have to extend any hoses or anything. It was simply a remove and replace process.
Good to hear you like the results of your modifications. What year/model ST? Maybe you can add that information to your sig line. Not all ST's have the same handle bars design. :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
My ST4 came with a small ~1/8 thick square patch welded on the bottom of the factory stand. My guess is it was the PO's attempt at making the stand taller for less lean angle but it does it's best work when the stands up it holds it off the peg a wee bit for no interference with the shifter. My homemade plates are somewhat different as they drop purely vertical if not a wee bit forward. The only adjustment i had to due was rotate the shifter arm one spline and it was perfect.

·
I yam what I yam
989 Posts
...my side stand now interferes with foot while shifter gears! Have you experienced any and if so, how did you fix it?
Same here.

I stuck small squares of foam tape on the side stand where it contacts its travel stop. Not an elegant solution, it was supposed to be temporary until I could come up with something better. It works so well though, I just left it! :eek:

·
Registered
434 Posts
interesting - I've been thinking of raising my pegs a bit so I can lock my knees on the tank better when I'm really throwing the bike into a corner.
Ditto.... The ST feels really strange to me after riding my track bike. It feels like a cruiser.... ape hangers and all:D Still love it though.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
I also tried the lowering brackets, same problem with the center stand. I sold the brackets and learned to ride the machine the way it was engineered and have never looked back. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Two ideas I have to fix the problem with the side stand are either JB weld a piece of metal to the stand as a spacer or drill a hole, use a tap-n-die and insert a set screw. If I have the time this weekend I'll give it a try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts