Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the CRG Arrows along with Rhinomoto bar ends and axle sliders yesterday.

The stock mirrors were useless and it's amazing how much I can see with the new Arrows. They provide a very panoramic view of what's behind you. Due to the size, it's not easy to make out the model of the cars behind you when moving but at least I now can tell someone is behind me, which I couldn't with the stock mirrors when on the move.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know they are supposed to be better than the original ones. But, how exactly are they better? Do they vibrate less? Do they allow you to see behind the bike (as opposed to just to the sides and elbows)? It looks like your elbows/body would still be in the way...

I'm getting tired of not being able to see behind the bike and not recognizing things because of the vibrating original ones. I mean they are ok and better than the ones on my old ninja 250, but not great in terms of visibility. Unfortunately, I am one of the few people that likes their shape/design. Other brand's mirrors always seem like a design afterthought...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get a Reevu helmet with rear view window. Best see behind you motorcycle solution I've ever used.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
55 Posts
I installed the CRG Arrows along with Rhinomoto bar ends and axle sliders yesterday.
Tell me more about your experience with the Rhinomoto bar ends. I just ordered mine last night to use with my CRG Blindsights. I had the Blindsights on my last bike (Love them!), but I just had my stock bar ends custom machined to accept them. Are the Rhinomoto bar ends much heavier than stock? Can you feel an improvement in vibration dampening?

·
Registered
91 Posts
these are my new FAVORITE looking mirrors. I saw a set on an M1100 at Laguna this past weekend and they look great! I have a question though if you dont mind. To get into my parking spot I have to sneak between my truck and a wall. With my stock mirrors it is very close to brushing both so I have to pay a lot of attention. I see the mirrors are adjustable and look like they may be able to flip up. Are they made to do this? and is it easy or would they need something lossened every time to do this?

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Scott

·
Registered
135 Posts
I installed the CRG Arrows on my 796 just before my 600 mi service because I couldn't get a good look behind me with the stock mirrors which also vibrated. I chose the Arrows because I thought they looked better with the angles of the Monster better than the Lanesplitters. Do they ever make a big difference than the stock mirrors. There is no vibration and I don't even have bar ends on my grips. They provided a wide panoramic view of what's behind you and you can adjust them to see what's in back of you and well as what's coming up from the side. My left mirror is so adjusted. I also believe that you can flip them up, too, but not sure if its a much as you can with the Lanesplitters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, unlike the stock mirrors, you can see completely behind you with these mirrors. In fact, you could almost go with just one and still see everything behind you. Because they are at the bar ends, they completely go past your elbow view.

They flip up to the next indentation easily and keeps the mirror angle if you just want to flip them up and they go back just as easily. No screw loosening needed.

The bar ends have some weight to them but I can't say I have noticed it smoothing out any vibes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts