Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the full system and had dealer install them. lovely sound, and feel. But, they are very close to my rear tire, the spring which holds the pipe in seems flimsy. The pipes move a bit, and could be pushed into the tire. Bug or feature? Intstall issue? Design flaw? No problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Any pics Rupp ?

FYI my brutale pipes were very close & moved around but never caused a problem

·
Registered
309 Posts
Clearance...

Bought the full system and had dealer install them. lovely sound, and feel. But, they are very close to my rear tire, the spring which holds the pipe in seems flimsy. The pipes move a bit, and could be pushed into the tire. Bug or feature? Intstall issue? Design flaw? No problem?

Thanks.
Yes mine are about 1/4" away from the rear tire. Pretty solid however, I have the Shift-tech hanger. My mechanic had to build a spacer that bridged the gap inside the hanger because it was flimsy or so he said. It'll be fine unless you go down on the rt side, I think the exhaust would damage the rear wheel. I had a problem with the parallel alignment of the canisters. I had to put my fingers in between them while he tightened them up. they have not moved since...

Had my SFs dyno'd with the full termi system today at 150.88hp at the rear wheel. Not a huge increase but oh that sound and it looks fantastic... I guess you only live once!

·
Registered
465 Posts
What are those little springs on the exhaust for, anyway? Doesn't seem like they're really holding the pipes together.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will post pics as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience. Meanwhile, jjones, do you have pictures? I hope to have mine dyno-ed on Saturday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts