Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is there any tips or tricks for he install of the PCIII. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to do this and I got no where. The search function here is no help either. So how the heck do you get the stock plugs off of the injectors? Do you have to super tiny hands or a 10 year old help you with this? Also do you need the wire crimp/splice? I was told, or read somewhere, that you do not need to crimp/splice the wires on these bikes. But to me it looks like you do. I swear that nothing on this bike is easy to work on.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Just pulled mine off last night, if you've got the time to pull the air box and fuel tank it ends up being far easier. You'll need a pick to pull the metal clips, they have a metal tab on the back side of the injector that needs to be pulled on both sides. Once that is off or at least loose you can simply slip it off of the injector.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I think there are some pictures in one of the other bike sections on this forum. It shows the basic idea. Yeah it it a pain, but other than that, the rest of it is pretty easy. You will like the results.

Out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts