Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed after installing this and reading from others that some have had issues with the main support tab fitment under the rearsets and some have not who explained the issue but not clearly. FYI, this header is from the very first shipment that Anthony brought over for the Hyper (just really late installing it).

Here it is, the header system is designed to fit the stock mounting holes available as designed for the Multistrada.

On the Hypermotard, there is an aluminum spacer that is installed between the right bottom rearset allen bolt and the cat. This spacer is #32 in the image below. You need to loosen the allen on the rearset (I just loosened the rear brake pedal and pulled it out to give me access) and either find suitable spacers after you pull out the stock spacer OR, what I did, simply rotate this spacer down while still on the allen to expose the threaded hole it was covering that is where you will mount the Zard headers. The cylindrical index that fits into the hole you will mount to was very shallow on mine and I was able to just pull it out slightly and rotate.

That's it, no drilling or slotting required.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I am not sure I quite follow that, but I don't think using the stock spacer would have worked in my case. Mine wasn't off a lot and I simply slotted it and when it was installed, the slot was mostly covered and mounts very securely.

Out!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't quite follow it either...

I fitted my Zard downpipes a couple of days ago without too much hassle.
Removed the Ducati parts including the alloy mounting plate you refer to that sits behind the footrest.
Cleaned up (dremel on some welds plus glasspaper/scotchbrite on the pipes) and fitted the Zard system.
Checked alignment and found, as others have, that I needed to enlongate the hole on the Zard mounting tab by a mm or so but that was it. Tightened it up, job's a good 'un. No packing washers or anything.

What do you mean by 'cylindrcial index' ?

BTW, midrange exhaust note is now much 'rortier'. Not much louder, certainly not offensive. Lovely. Really works well with the Termi 2-1-2 cans (dB killers in). Ducshop velocity stack kit is en route after which it will, IMHO, be perfect...

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It may seem obvious but, it sounded like some didn't know about the spacer hiding the mounting hole that's all. I didn't have any instructions so am passing along some info that when I did a search, didn't find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts