Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so riddle me this fellow Texans...

Where do you place the (useless, revenue generating) inspection sticker when you're trying to clean up the rear of a bike? I'm looking at options available to me, but the #$*^# sticker keeps rearing it's ugly head!

Here is the law from the DPS website:

20.04 Certificate Mounting Procedures for Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, and Mopeds

1. On the Vehicle (Optional). Punch the month of issuance and year of expiration. Remove the certificate’s back paper and attach the certificate face up on the vehicle’s rear fender or any other visible location on the rear near its license plate.

Place the certificate in place and apply firmly. OR

2. Backing Plate (Optional - to be furnished by cycle owner). Punch the month of issuance and year of expiration. Remove the certificate’s back paper and attach the certificate face up on the backing plate which is mounted on the cycle near the license plate for this purpose. Place the certificate in place and apply firmly.

3. Other Provisions - Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, and Mopeds. Reject the vehicle if no fender or optional location is available for applying the inspection certificate.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have seen it (on a cops R6) on the forks just below the triple. I have also seen people put them on the fork down buy the axle nut or bolt or whatever, and alot of people run them one the swingarm.
I personally keep mine in my wallet. I had it laminated. The DPS officer that works the fairy going from Galveston to Cystal Island??? didnt seem to mind he said that as long as you could present it when ask it was ok.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I cut the top off of my bracket and mounted it behind my license plate. The cop who told me this was illegal (aww shit) said that to make it legal I needed to bend the mounting plate up so that the sticker is visible (if you are laying on the freaking ground! all right!). I bent it up, you still can't see the damn thing, and he then had no reason to harass me. done deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.