Discussion Starter #1
Sold! ..for $8400.00...... :oops:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
😲
😲
🤷‍♂️
Who knew anyone would drop that kinda cash for a CB160? Nice restoration for sure, but $8.4K??? Why?

It isn't historically significant beyond the fact that it's a '67 CB160. It isn't some race winner or owned by someone famous. Nothing beyond it being a CB160 from 1967.

Is this the new normal?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Coincidentally, I just came back from looking at a CA77 for a friend. It's pretty rough, but mechanically fairly sound, and it even runs. The guys is asking $1750 for it, and I must say, in today's insane inflation of anything old and original, I think it's not a price.

Just about 10 years ago, I actually almost bought a CB160 project. Except that I didn't because the same guy had RD250 in boxes that he wanted $550 ($200 less than the CB). Who'd pic CB over two stroke screamer? Anyway, these are becoming incredibly rare, especially in original condition. So I guess in the world where 8000-mile BMW S14 sells for a quarter of million dollars, a perfectly original CB160 for $8400 makes it seem almost charming.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sold! ..for $8400.00...... :oops:

I just bought this 2006 ST3 for $2,600 Canadian. Me thinks I got a steal of a deal.
20200727_165629.jpg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The difference is I'd actually pay $2600 for that. But I wouldn't pay $2600 for a 1967 CB160, regardless of how well it was restored.

What did those sell for new? $800? I probably wouldn't pay that much for one today.

I just don't see them as a desirable collectable nor worth more to me than a couple hundred bones at best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The difference is I'd actually pay $2600 for that. But I wouldn't pay $2600 for a 1967 CB160, regardless of how well it was restored.

What did those sell for new? $800? I probably wouldn't pay that much for one today.

I just don't see them as a desirable collectable nor worth more to me than a couple hundred bones at best.
The buyer probably had this as his first bike in his teen years, and as he's aging he wants to revisit his youth.
If that's the case, I need to find a 1984 Honda Ascot.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I don’t know if it’s Covid related or what, but there are a ton of old bikes for big prices on my Craigslist right now.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I don’t know if it’s Covid related or what, but there are a ton of old bikes for big prices on my Craigslist right now.
Could be.

Might be people trying to capitalize on the Covid “bonus” that everyone got, but not everyone needed.

Or people in need of money so trying to get as much as they can for their old bikes.

I dunno. I know that $8400 for a restored1967 CB160 with a new odometer is just whack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts