Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still in the hunt for an MTS. I just came a cross a '13 GT at a good price and am wondering if anyone has ridden it back-to-back with other models to compare the seating position given the higher bars on the GT. Is it noticeably different? Too upright?

Oddly, I've seen a number of GT's lately and they're always priced below book, which gives me the impression they're less desirable than the other 'S' models. Are the bigger panniers a turn off? What gives?

TIA.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've owned a '12 and '15 S, and currently own a '14 GT. I personally think that the bars are too high, I'm probably going to get the standard riser and replace the GT riser to put it back to a reasonable height. Obviously this is dependent on you and your body. If I were taller, I'd probably prefer the rise. I'm 5' 9".

Otherwise, I honestly haven't had a need to use the super-bags yet. I can imagine I'd be nervous splitting but, if you live somewhere that splitting isn't legal I'd be less worried about it. I've been looking on ebay etc. to see if I can find the regular doors for the panniers because then I could have both. I live in CA so, splitting is a thing.

If you're trying to sport, they're heavier with the bars but, you can pull them off?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks for the feedback.

I didn't realize the pannier outers could be swapped --good to know. Although I imagine they're hard to come by.

I'm definitely not interested in the GT options, especially the top case and crash bars, but these can all be removed. The price is what grabbed me. Still haven't heard back from the seller after a day, so we'll see...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts