Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
looks cool, I wondering if it's bulky though?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Rear sets would defeat the purpose, unless your passenger reminded you. I would be more concerned with dirt and water getting into the lock. Cool idea though, available in the US?

·
Registered
20 Posts
A rearset isn't a passenger footpeg, it's a rearset footpeg - normal riders footpeg, set back a bit..

They don't seem to make them for Ducati though anyway!!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
How about a sticker in the middle of your tach or speedo that says "DON'T FORGET DISKLOCK". A friend did this when he switched to GP shift for the track so he'd remember the first few times.

By the way that same thing has happened to me but when I'm just pushing the bike around the garage. The bike never fell over, but I wondered why I couldn't move the bike as the lock was hitting the fender. I have since removed it as a garage is enough security for me.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just put your disc lock up against the brake when you set it. If you forget to remove it the bike won't move even a little bit. Certainly not enough for you to dump it.

But ya gotta admit, that is a neat idea!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My solution for this is that I don't need one. I never leave my Ducs where I would need to lock em. Just a reality, too tempting a target for thieves, so locks would not stop the pros. When I ride, it is never with the intent to park the bike where I cannot watch it every second.

The 02 R1 I don't care if someone steals, except for the $500 deductible hassle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts