Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

I'm looking into purchasing a clean and fully stock 2009 SC 1000 Biposto after my 2006 mono got totaled (RIP) :crying:. I'm trying to get more information on acquiring black termi's for the bike. From what I can tell they aren't really being sold with DP ECU's or air box lids anymore. Is that right? :confused: Anyone know where I can find the full kit?

EDIT: Do the termi's fit GT1000 models too and vice versa?

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
937 Posts
You can Flash The stock ECU with the Termi map and make the DP lid with a Hole Saw.
If you need to buy them instead I have the ECU and a brand new still in the box Official
DP air box lid.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Guys,

I'm looking into purchasing a clean and fully stock 2009 SC 1000 Biposto after my 2006 mono got totaled (RIP) :crying:. I'm trying to get more information on acquiring black termi's for the bike. From what I can tell they aren't really being sold with DP ECU's or air box lids anymore. Is that right? :confused: Anyone know where I can find the full kit?

Cheers,

Mike
Hey Mike,

I saw a set with ecu on Ebay, I think. I'll have to check later to see where it was.
I just purchased a termi 2 into 1 exhaust system to switch with my 2 into 2 shotgun exhaust on my Paul Smart. It uses a different map, so I found my old ecu and for $99, I am shipping it out to a guy in California to map it for the 2 into 1 system.

I don't think they will work with the GT. Unless you do some modifications because the angles are different and they use a different type exhaust bracket. I could be wrong, so maybe somebody else will chime in.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can Flash The stock ECU with the Termi map and make the DP lid with a Hole Saw.

If you need to buy them instead I have the ECU and a brand new still in the box Official

DP air box lid.

Hopefully I’ll get the new bike in July if everything goes well. I’ll definitely want to get your air box lid and possibly ECU as I don’t know how to flash it. I did get the usb cable interface for the bike but haven’t played with it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mike,

I saw a set with ecu on Ebay, I think. I'll have to check later to see where it was.
I just purchased a termi 2 into 1 exhaust system to switch with my 2 into 2 shotgun exhaust on my Paul Smart. It uses a different map, so I found my old ecu and for $99, I am shipping it out to a guy in California to map it for the 2 into 1 system.

I don't think they will work with the GT. Unless you do some modifications because the angles are different and they use a different type exhaust bracket. I could be wrong, so maybe somebody else will chime in.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I had a look at eBay but didn’t see any units with ecu. If you have time could you kindly post the link? :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hopefully I’ll get the new bike in July if everything goes well. I’ll definitely want to get your air box lid and possibly ECU as I don’t know how to flash it. I did get the usb cable interface for the bike but haven’t played with it yet.

Once you get the bike get in touch and I can Help you with the Flash etc.
I need to put a bunch of parts up in the Classifieds but work has just been
crazy so zero free time should be back to some kind of normal in a few weeks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once you get the bike get in touch and I can Help you with the Flash etc.
I need to put a bunch of parts up in the Classifieds but work has just been
crazy so zero free time should be back to some kind of normal in a few weeks.

Will do! Thank you sir! What parts are you parting with? I feel ya, been crazy busy lately too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Guys,

Cheers,

Mike
Termi's are pretty easily obtained. JC/PAK BIKES usually has them.
As for a termi ECU flash and intake upgrade, it's pretty hard to beat the Wasp Puk from Intake Express out of Australia.

I have race Termi's with the WASP PUK kit. Worth every penny!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for a termi ECU flash and intake upgrade, it's pretty hard to beat the Wasp Puk from Intake Express out of Australia.

I've actually pondered getting that kit but this Ducati master mechanic told me to stick to the OEM air box as there's far less air disturbance. Did your kit come with a powercommander? What sort of improvements have you seen?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've actually pondered getting that kit but this Ducati master mechanic told me to stick to the OEM air box as there's far less air disturbance. Did your kit come with a powercommander? What sort of improvements have you seen?
Intake sound is much louder, which is not my cup of tea. I prefer to hear the Termi's sound without the intake. But it's worth the trade off of having bike that pulls all the way to 8-9K rpms without falling on it's face. Crisper throttle response too.
Previously I had the factory Power kit (race Termi's, airbox, ECU), upgrades, but was not happy with them. The WASP PUK does what the factory power kit should have done. These motorcycles are not like modern Sport bikes, which have pressurized air boxes. We have old school air-cooled engine technology. Which means the more air you get into the motor (K&N), and more you push out of the engine (Termi's), the more power you will have (power commander). Think of it like an old Volkswagen bug engine!

·
Premium Member
999 Posts

have a website for the WASP? thought these kits were long since discontinued?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I had the Corse Dynamics kit but being in Norcal could not find anyone that would dyno tune the bike legal issues.
One site said if I stripped and brought it in on a trailer and claimed it was a track only bike they would. I ran a few
different maps and a PC3 using the Wasp Puk maps the power gain was good but again no dyno so no real numbers
or real tune. The intake Brappp was freaking loud you could barely hear the Termi 2 into 1 exhaust.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can try contacting Ducati Bunbury: Workshop They still have the link to intake-express
on the site they are the ones who made and sold the kit the link is dead but they may still have some old stock.
You can still get the Corse Dynamics performance intake kit.
I trid to actually look for the website before I saw your post and couldn't find any trace of it. I'll give it a shot. Hope they still have some. I wonder if anyone here has an old one for sale..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts